Silk Road - Thai Bistro at BGC, Taguig

It's no secret I have a love affair with Thai cuisine. I've been to countless 'hole in the wall' restaurants just to have a taste of authentic Thai food.


So it's a good news when another Thai resto opened in my work area at The Fort, BGC, Taguig. Even when Silk Road has not opened yet, I already informed my housemate that I would love to try their food. So imagine how delighted I was when I received an invitation for a blogger food night. Yey!


Note: Food photography using my S4. Eh tamad lang magdala ng dslr na mabigat. ^_^
 

 elegant dining area at Silk Road

Cecil Chang, the owner of the restaurant, made sure we felt welcome and made an effort to discuss why there could be no authentic Pad Thai here in Manila. Close to authentic, yes, but not 100% authentic. I like the honesty and humility, specially from someone who studied Thai cooking for years. Come on, she's the queen of Thai cuisine, and she really deserves it.


Anyway, upon arrival of the drink, the food never stopped coming!

Pandan Milk Tea and Thai Milk Tea
it's sooo good!


Crispy catfish is my favorite appetizer, but not until I had a taste of this Thai Ravioli. This is awesome!

Thai Ravioli
sesame beef and shitake mushroom wrapped in freshly made steamed rice paper
my newest favorite Thai food!


Son-in-Law Eggs
traditional dish being cooked by Thai mothers for their soon-to-be-son-in-laws. it is slightly deep-fried eggs drizzled with a sweet sauce.



Salmon Cone
salmon cubes infused with lemongrass, lime and herbs and filled in ice cream cones. 
salmon never goes wrong. =)


So much for the appetizer, next comes the main entrees.
Without being biased, I can honestly say Silk Road's Pad Thai is the best I've had in the Philippines. It's the closest thing to those pad thais in the streets of Bangkok!

Pad Thai
the closest thing after the street pad thais in Bangkok!


 Chicken Basil
 minced chicken, string beans, basil and fried egg


Lamb Shank Massaman
delicately cooked for 8 hours and served with crispy noodles and sweet potato chips and shallots


 Crispy Tilapia with Tamarind Puree
 i love this!

Siamese Pork Ribs
grilled cinnamon caramel pork. super like as well!


And for dessert, nothing could be more heavenly than this Mango Sticky Rice.

 Sticky Rice with Mango
heavenly as expected ♥


And of course, wines are available to compliment these great food. They have an extensive collection of wines.

wine bar



Overall, I liked it! Honestly I went back to Silk Road just 2 weeks after and I dragged my friends along. They agreed how amazing the Thai Ravioli, Pad Thai, and Sticky Rice with Mango are.

 thank you Silk Road for satisfying my cravings! ♥
i will definitely come back (again) and recommend this to my friends


SILK ROAD Thai Bistro
Net Quad Corporate Center,
4th Ave. cor 31st St. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City

1 responses:

Sumi Go said...

I super love the Thai Ravioli too! I think it'll be a staple na talaga when I come back to Silk Road again and again. :D

Sayang, di pa rin tayo nagkikita, ate Chyng! >.<

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...