Be Part of a Community Outreach

I admit it's only been two years since I got involved in a community outreach. Last year, I discovered that my friends are also doing this too. So instead of joining other groups, I suggested we form a community outreach of our own. The more groups, the more children will be benefited, right?

We choose to settle in a low profile orphanage. It's called the Bethany House Sto. Niño Orphanage in Guiguinto, Bulacan. As of the moment, this is the home of 59 neglected and abandoned children. It was founded since 1986 and it has helped 800 homeless children. See website for more info.
http://www.bethanyorphanage.org/index.html

Instead of the usual gift giving and feeding program, our group decided to have a Christmas Party with the kids at Bethany. We'll be having a party, with games and prizes, and food of course. We'll also provide some sando, shorts, face towels, underwear, and some toiletries for their everyday use. Actually I have noticed these kids dont really want toys, I think they are happier when some guests stay for a while and spend time with them.

Our group pledged to donate and volunteer to bring these kids a memorable Christmas Party and we would really appreciate if you could help as well.
You can sponsor a kid for only P150. It's just like the cost of 1 sticker for your Starbucks planner! If you sponsor a kid, rest assured your donations will make a homeless and abandoned kid happy.

What's more rewarding? Join us on December 12 - Sunday - 9am and share your time with these kids. You can really feel the spirit of Christmas by doing so.

To sponsor a kid (or kids!) - email me at chyngreyes@gmail.com for details.
To donate books, clothes, towels, or anything - we can setup a pickup (around metro manila) every weekend before December 12.

From the bottom of my heart, Im asking every reader of my blog to sponsor a kid at least.
And I strongly suggest you volunteer to be part of this event. It's very fulfilling to pause from your daily interests and put others ahead. See you there! =)

Let's share the love. Can I count on you, please? ♥



view the successful event here - A Christmas Party at Bethany Orphanage

thank you

46 responses:

Chyng said...

i wont be blogging for the next 2 weeks to give way for this post.

kukulitin ko kayo, lalo na yung mga laging nasa statcounter ko:

HITACHI
JP MORGAN CHASE
ACCENTURE
E PERFOMANCE
SYKES
ADB
FINETEX
CHEVRON
MUSIC 21
di ko na mahanap yung logs ng iba. hehe


please help. =)

eMPi said...

Nice project, Chyng!

janice said...

sureness...join ako!!!!

jimbo said...

sure kiko! count me in! :D

rob said...

.. goodluck chyng! will gladly sponsor. =)

2ngaw said...

chyng,magsasabay pa ata ung outreach natin :D wala pa kasi kaming exact date pero by december sigurado :-)

GoodLuck sa atin, sana mas marami pang mapasayang bata this xmas :)

docgelo said...

ten kids!
...pero nakakakonsyensya naman yung linya mo na parang starbucks sticker lang ang 1 sponsorship; buti na lang walang ganung promo dito sa penang. pero guilty ako kasi 3 na planners ko from sbux before.
bottom line is, it's time to give back no matter how big or little it is. GOD BLESS ALL OF US, CHYNG! =)

...nominate kita sa CNN ha.. biro lang.

danda07 said...

Sama ako Chyng! :)

khantotantra said...

ayos sa outreach. if may time, i-promote ko din ito para makatulong. :D

Roninkotwo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roninkotwo said...

Ayos Chyng...
Text kita king ano ang donate ko..=)

aileen said...

sis, sali ako..aicute12 to ng gt and pex. :) paano ko bibigay sayo yung mga donations ko?

Jimmy Melo said...

Hi Chyng! Count me in! I'll ask my girlfriend and my friends as well to join me! :D I'll contact you guys! :D

zebzeb said...

may God Bless you more and more! :D nice project!

Robbie said...

I'll send you an e-mail! I wanna participate. :D

Chyng said...

ovewhelming!
i admit kinakabahan ako kasi baka di namin mameet yung target fund for these 59 kids. pero andami palang gustong magshare!

thank you sa gustong magsponsor at magvolunteer. you can really help in any way you like.

keep the emails coming
chyngreyes@gmail.com

Photo Cache said...

keep up the good work. are those holy spirit sisters?

princess_dyanie said...

nice project teh!! :) lets meet SOON!! :)

Diamond R said...

count me in chyng, ill be part of this outreach and to be an sponsor. just upadate us of what is goin on

God bless.

gillboard said...

awwww. ang bait naman ni chyng. ako ba pwede magpasponsor sayo?! :)

rEm said...

COUNT "US" IN!

so proud of you c3... ;)

a meaningful Christmas to all!

Lester said...

hi chyng, i already announced it in our office and a lot of my officemates are interested to help. i also posted your blog on our community forum. ill update you one of these days how many are going to join.

Pinoy Adventurista said...

nice po yan... my group also has a plan for an outreach program this Christmas, sana mag materialize... good job Chyng!

John Marx Velasco said...

Chyng, sali kami ni SF!

pamatayhomesick said...

hanga ako sa ganito...

escape said...

on times like this... the P150 definitely goes a long way. im also supporting an outreach for 7years now. it's good that you're collecting through your blog.

bertN said...

How do I make a donation or sponsor some of the kids?

Kura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kura said...

Sa wakas may bonus na ko. Inaantay ko lang yun bago ako mag comment dito e. matutupad na din ang pangarap mong outreach program friend. Happy for you =) Hindi ko alam kung makakasama ako a. All my life I have attended only 3 at talagang iba ang saya. text mo na lang sakin bank account mo.

Nicely said...

Chyng, I will be sending u a PM on Facebook regarding this outreach program. I would like to help, even in a small way.

wanderingcommuter said...

ikaw na ang may sariling domain at outreach prograam... hahahaha!!!

hindi ba talaga pwedeng pasaload yung a 2nd sponsor ko? hahahahaha!

pusangkalye said...

aba--interesante to---organizer kana ng community outreach program ha. NGO kana!!!!seriously, I want to help. kahit yung sponsor a kid. pm tayo ha. see you online

Karla said...

Hi Chyng! :) Can I also post this to the facebook volunteers group I created? Baka may interested din sumali at magdonate. ^_^ Madami kasi sa members dun gusto sumali sa isang weekend activity.

Kung gusto mo pala magtry sa habitat for humanity, may 15 slots pa for december 18 sa pasig mrb site. If you want, you can email me at purplink[at]gmail.com and I will send you the details. ^_^

kg said...

chyng! kakatuwa naman ito!

alam mo, our office group has also done this in the past...instead of a magarbong christmas party, we invited street children to a jollibee party. sila yung nakakaligtaan eh. after all, christmas is mainly for children.

donate ako...hanap muna ako ng pwede maidonate. email mo din ako how i can send money. :)

i love you chyng! you're so nice!

(PS, i haven't checked anyone's blog in a while because of you know what. but i'm glad i came across this!)

Chyng said...

sa mga viewers from:

Convergys
Emerson
Proctor and Gamble
Trend Micro
eTelecare
HP
Ingram Micro
Insular Life
IBM singapore
Thomson Financial Services

nakikita ko sa logs ko nagvview kayo. come on, sponsor a kid naman jan.. =)

sa mga taga-Aboitiz thank you!

escape said...

im really impressed at how much you're putting into this chyng. and hearing from you how people are giving from everywhere is heart warming.

the kids will definitely be happy. teka. di pa pala ako ng pledge. lol

Nicole said...

Haha! Mga taga-Aboitiz tlaga ha! :)

tsina said...

I like. =p

tsina said...

At ngayon ko lang napansin na may .com ka na pala. I'm planning to get one as well. =)

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

A big thumbs up to you for this great work Chyng! If only I'm there, gusto ko rin mag-volunteer mismo since this is something we love doing.

aileen said...

2 kids for me.. paano ko bibigay sayo pala..

bang said...

hi Chyng! Count me in!

elpi said...

sana pede me. .ang layo ko kasi, I'm from Cebu! but my thoughts and prayers to make it successful are with you. Good luck

SunnyToast said...

Goodluck Chyng:) GodBless:)

jenifer rOse said...

Hello Sis, I've read your in female network :) meron ka pa po bang upcoming volunteer work?? i really want to join this kind of activity :) sana meron pa po :) thanks,

Chyng said...

i'll organize another one. soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...