Azuthai - Love for Thai

One of the things I wished for my birthday is to eat at Azuthai. Ewan ko ba, nagbuild up na talaga yung love affair ko for Thai food. Here goes:

Located in the Milkyway Building on Arnaiz Avenue, Makati; Azuthai serves home-style Thai cuisine prepared by Chefs Tip and Bow from Phuket, Thailand following their own family recipes.

a lunch date at Azuthai

The staffs warmly welcomed us. The place looks like more of a hotel ambiance. A bit dark lang inside and even with the chandelier, i think kulang pa dun yung source of light for taking photos. I chose to stay near the window glasses nalang. Ganun kahalaga ang lightning sa photos. Ü

Of all the Thai food I've tasted, this really is my favorite.

Yam Pla Duk Foo
Crispy Catfish Salad - green mango, peanuts, mint, lime dressing

Until now, Im still bragging the brilliance of this combination. Ang sarap! But Benjarong of Dusit's version is yummier. Ibang level na yung Dusit's Benjarong kasi it's originally a Thai Hotel na may branch sa Makati. The chefs there are native Thai. So for Azuthai's version, panalo na din to.

Pad Thai
Thai Style Fried Noodles

After trying out many versions, this is time I realized I dont like my Pad Thai with egg. Nonetheless, Azuthai's version has a rich taste. But again, it fall short of Benjarong's version. Ibang level yung sarap dun.

But this Azuthai dish really stands out:

Massaman Gaeh
Massaman Lamb Curry with Shallots, Potatoes, Peanuts

After every bite, I cant help myself but say: sobrang sarap nito! The lamb is super soft, it melts in your mouth. The sauce is thick. Spiciness comes perfect. This dish is very flavorful. A winner!

And a good thing to end this lunch is to try out Thai's local beer.
Drinking beer at lunchtime after my shift- not a very wise idea.. Ü

Singha - local Thai beer

Tastes like SMB's pilsen. I think it's good, sanay lang siguro yung taste buds ko sa SanMig Light.

Overall, I enjoyed this Azuthai experience. Bit expensive for a weekend lunch. Im just lucky this meal came free!
Azuthai
http://azuthai.com/
Ground Floor, Milkyway Building , Arnaiz Avenue, Makati City

32 responses:

Chyng said...

shots using a point and shoot camera only. Ü

kg said...

kelan birthday mo chyng? magkalapit kayo ni dyanie? :)

mishi said...

hmmm... cno kaya c "thanks to YOU!" :)

Roninkotwo said...

Dalawang bagay Chyng, natutuwa ako na isa sa favorite mo ang catfish salad dahil ako ang nag convince sayo na i-try. Pangalawa, dapat next time na mag thai fud ka, ask the waiter na add more spicy..kasi naniniwala ako na sa Thai, x10 ang ang level nila dun. =)

eMPi said...

foodtrip ang dating ah... sarap!

danda07 said...

sarap naman! =)

docgelo said...

haven't tried azuthai yet. i heard it's manned by chef gamboa, am i right?

we're opposite in this, chyng.
tina and i (and i'm sure gabby too) are not partial with thai food.
pero kung libre siguro, why not. haha! yakagin mo si rob (sensory replays) to treat us to azuthai or benjarong, haha! he'll kill me for this.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for these tips! I've been wanting to try a lot of Thai food. Any recommendations for the spicy and very spicy ones?

By the way, were you able to go to MAFBEX last weekend?

rob said...

.. i'm into spicy food basta wag lang sobra. dapat yung foodie treat ko sa inyo ni docgelo, sa iba naman. =)

escape said...

the massamahn gaeh looks good. hmmm... are you also into indian food?

pusangkalye said...

ayan na. namiss ko bigla yung hito. sarap kasi. di mo aakalaing catfish. ramdam ko pa yung asim...pero itong wine na to. naku, kailangang ma-experience din yan. hehe

pusangkalye said...

ay--beer pala di wine. sandali lang---BAT DI NAKAMENTION KUNG SINU YUN us?????hehe

ang linaw na nga e---anu pa ba gusto mong light? peace.

jimbo said...

hay wala bang diet tips naman? puro nalang food trip e. :p

kakainis nga dko naman matikman yang mga yan puro kabsa, broasted & shawarma lang marami dito e. hehe

Chyng said...

@kg,
2 days after Dyanie's!

@mishi,
i need to delete tour comment girl. im sorry. Ü

@sir lloyd,
ikaw ang salarin! thank you for re-introducing this cuisine.

@marco,
it is!

@nicole,
try nyo

@docgelo,
i like your idea! *winks*

Chyng said...

@jakey,
no, though ilang araw ko din yan nadaanan sa world trade. did you go there?

@rob,
introduce me to a new cuisine please! Ü

@doms,
not really. pero mukhang promising nga yan.

@anton,
gusto mo masaktan no?!

@kuya,
welcome back! Ü

mishi said...

delete the 1st comment chyng. Sori! :(

We're eyeing for thai foods pero pag andun na, parang hesitant kmi so we usually ended up with Korean cuisines. We still want to try thai though. :)

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

I love Thai food as long as it's not too spicy. But I second the motion to Dong's recommendation: try Indian food naman next time kasi ibang-iba.

GingGoy said...

uy belated...i also love thai food. i began loving spicy food when i visited BKK :P

Dea said...

Naku, Chyng, maloloka ka sa Bangkok! Puro food-trip lang kami dun that we weren't able to visit the tourist-y places, pagkain lang talaga ang inatupag namin! I ate so much in five days, grabe!

And nakarami rin ako ng Singha beer, although I preferred yung Singha light.

We got back this morning, but mabigat pa ang pakiramdam ko, hehe!

witsandnuts said...

The orchids in Thai establishments are the key. Nice shots! Your P & S is something.

Unknown said...

Yep, I was at MAFBEX. Nakabili ako ng Korean Noodles, Korean Ice Cream. Pero ang highlight duon e naging friends ko ang isang Malaysian family na exhibitors duon. Binigyan ako ng samutsaring libreng pagkain. Beef rendang powder GET. :D

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

sarap ng ng nasa pictures..

Robbie said...

Thanks for sharing this Chyng! I so so so so love Thai food even if I can't afford to dine at thai restos sometimes. Hahaha. I will definitely try this one out especially yung Massaman Gaeh. With your description, it seems like the kind of food that I will enjoy. :D

Allen said...

naks! sino yung "us"? ikaw ha! :D

Diamond R said...

first, I like the shots.there is something na kakaiba sa pagkakuha ng pic.YOu are very good in taking close up pic I don't know the term.
second, I like thai food. I'm here in Abu Dhabi I would recommend try Arabic food or Indins.Yong spicyness ibang level talaga.

I add you to my favorites and check it out in my blog list You are few among my list. Keep posting. https://rommeldiamante.blogspot.com

Dabo said...

takaw hehehe..

see you sa birthday bash ng mga taga july. ako na nag-iinvite sa yo kahit hindi ako ang may handa hehehe, july 24 sa linden

Yj said...

gusto ko ng mga thai boys hahahaha

imperness mukhang masarap nga ang mga food... ma-try nga minsan... pag may manlilibre na hahahahaha

Sendo said...

parang sarap sarap ng mga kakanin diyan!!! naglalaway ako

p. cook said...

Hmmm. This restaurant seems to have more varied fare than what we have in our Thai restaurants here :) I know that Thai cuisine truly is rich in variety. I wish I could try more authentic dishes

Jo Tan said...

Azuthai is probably the best Thai resto on the metro :)
http://jotan23.blogspot.com/2010/12/azuthai-restaurant-in-makati.html

mtom said...

I am glad to be one of the visitants on this outstanding internet site (:, regards for posting .
Thailand Dating

Jamie said...

I love your site. I love Thai food. It's great to be around like minded people. Here are some ideas for thai translation service.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...