The Rock, The Falls, and The Blue Lagoon | Ilocos Norte

Ilocos remains to be very special and memorable to me. Last 2010, I had an unexpected solo trip. There I was - traveling with insufficient money, no ATM card, no cellphone on hand, and the best part was it's all happening on my birthday! It was harsh at first, but it turned out to be a very blessed birthday trip experience. Check out My Ilocos Norte Trip 2010.

Since then, I've been wanting to revisit the place- not just for the food I never got to taste, or the places I never had the chance to see, but for the genuine person I met. Kamusta na kaya ang super tour guide kong si Mang Arnel?

I didn't notice that the bus has reached the terminal because I was really enjoying the quiet-me-time on the bus. I guess I just missed to travel alone, it's been 3 years since I last did. Anyway, I bet Mang Arnel was also delighted when he finally saw me again. Hehe We had a long and nice conversation. I wish I knew how to address their tourism issue with the local government.

Anyway, Im glad the weather fully cooperated on those 2 days. I was able to view Pagudpud at its finest (or almost). There are only 3 places I really wanted to see in Pagudpud: Kapurpurawan Rock Formations, Kaangrian Falls, and the Blue Lagoon.


Kapurpurawan Rock Formations
It was lovelier the second time around. True that visitors are not allowed anymore to see the front area up close, but the great news is the back area is equally stunning! Actually it's better for camwhoring. =)

Kapurpurawan Rock Formation - front

the side view is stunning

the back area is equally stunning!

best time to visit Kapurpurawan is between 8am - 11am

best spot for a group shot

and best spot for a solo pictorial
pang profile pic ^_^

The rock formations are amazing as ever. And as they say, tiis ganda shot. The sun was unforgiving but everyone, including me, was brave enough to endure the heat for this chance of having a nice souvenir shot. I wished I had my umbrella with me, kaso wala akong check in baggage allowance. Poor me.


Blue Lagoon | Maira-Ira
It rained the first time I visited so I didn't really see how blue is the water in Blue Lagoon. I was completely surprised to see the blue gradient of the beach. It was indeed a blue lagoon. Honestly, I liked Blue Lagoon more than the beaches of El Nido. 

 the so-called Walang Hanggan site
dito daw nagshooting sina Coco Martin. yun oh!

overlooking Blue Lagoon and the surrounding resorts

this is one of the best beaches in Luzon, in my opinion

the sand may not be very fine but it doesn't matter

 i loved the peaceful and simple setting of this beach

Blue Lagoon ranks 9th in my Best Beaches in the Philippines list


Kaangrian Falls
Kabigan Falls is great but I heard Kaangrian Falls is so much better! Mang Arnel just warned me that the trek was not an easy one. True enough, the trek was exhausting but only because the weather was extremely hot. The 45-min trek to the falls was bearable by the way.

a trek down the falls

a candid yet dramatic shot of my super tour guide Mang Arnel

Okay, we were both disappointed to know that there's not enough water on the falls. Toinks Oh well, waterfalls are dry on a summer season. Maybe the best time to go here is between October to January.

Kaangrian Falls with insufficient water flow

but I have to admit the water still looked mystical

my neon green top blends with the water eh?

look how clear the water is. yun oh!
super Pagudpud tourguide - Mang Arnel 0918.689.0723

Anyway, at least I saw Kaangrian Falls and I made myself proud by not collapsing in the middle of an exhausting trek. Good vibes! ^_^


click here for my 2 Days Ilocos Trip. Bagets pa ko jan. Hihi
 

26 responses:

chyngreyes.com said...

if traveling solo, ask Mang Arnel to use the motorcycle instead of tricycle. mas mabiilis, mas mura!

Mustachio said...

I fell in love with Maira-ira/Blue Lagoon the first time I went there, when it was just the sand, the sea, and the wind. Now it looks like there are a lot of resorts... Nevertheless, it still looks beautiful :-)

michymichymoo said...

Gaano kainit sa Ilocos nung nagpunta ka, Chyng?

Unknown said...

awwww.. I seriously need to plan my vacation this year! I wanna go to Ilocos!!!!

Anonymous said...

hi ms. chyng!

u made me happy by saying u like blue lagoon more than el nido beaches.hehe.

gumaganda ka lalo. may napansin lng ako mas maputi ka ata ngaun.hihi

happy travels!

lyn

Unknown said...

Ang ganda chyng!!! ni-recommend din ng officemate ko yung blue lagoon, instead na mag-saud beach. sana hindi bumabagyo sa ilocos sa august!

John Marx Velasco said...

This made me want to go back to Ilocos. Maybe with my family this time.

khantotantra said...

at dahil sa post na to mas lalo akong naeengganyong mag solo travel sa ilocos. di kasi ako nakasama sa ilocos trip ng mga ka-opisina e.

Roaming Couple said...

nakilala ko yung vice mayor (si VM Salamin) ng Burgos during one of our seminars, because i'm a city councilor of tanjay city (and a neophyte travel blogger too). napuntahan na rin namin yan ng wife ko. nice post, Chyng! sana link exchange tayo, hehe medyo idol ka kasi namin. :)

Photo Cache said...

this is the part of luzon/phil that i really wanted to explore, so I'll keep this post handy for mang arnel.

tabian said...

for the win talaga si Kuya Arnel!!! :) namiss ko tuloy ang Ilocos..

Sol said...

"overlooking Blue Lagoon and the surrounding resorts"

- almost didn't recognize the place with all the resorts. andami na pala! first time to see a photo of many resorts there.

Micole l Philippine Traveler said...

Wow. The blue lagoon looks spectacular ms. Chyng! A highly recommended summer escape talaga ang Ilocos. More power po!

Unknown said...

WOw nagkita kayo ulit ni Mang Arnel, galing naman... ganda parin ng Ilocos... :D

Unknown said...

Grabe nung punta namen ni isang resort or cottage wala sa Blue Lagoon. But its good to see what it looks like now :D

Traveling Morion said...

Ganda ng Kapurpuran Rocks. Given the time en budget pupuntahan ko na to :) nice meeting you in person Chyng:)

blissfulguro said...

ang bongga na ni mang arnel. rume ray ban na. hehe

LakwatserongOpisWorker said...

Na-miss ko bigla yung Ilocos T_T, and balita ko may Zip line na daw sa Pagudpud totoo po ba yun?

chyngreyes.com said...

yes it's true! may zipline sa Hannah's!

Rizza said...

Wow! Reunited with Mang Arnel ang peg. Sweet. Ganda talaga sa Ilocos, lalo na sa Pagudpud. The beach is heaven. :) Sana magamit ko na agad ung free RT tickets ko para dito! :)

docgelo said...

sikat na si mang arnel!
i bet a lot of your readers also hired him as their guide in ilocos.

beautiful "tiis-ganda" shots but i'm missing your payong :)

Ro said...

Hi, Chyng! Pwede ba mag-swimming dun sa Falls?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristarona said...

You look as stunning as the place in your neon green top, Chyng!

kristarona said...

You look as stunning as the place in your neon green top, Chyng!

soloflightEd said...

ganda ng story to meet Mang Arnel again. kulang na kulang yung panahon sa lakbay norte nung bumisita kami sa Blue Lagoon. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...