My Hyperactive Year of 2012

As compared to my 2011, my To-Do-List for 2012 has fewer items.
I was just surprised to when I realized I've also accomplished a lot of things which I really didn't plan to do this year.

January. Since it was the month of festivals, Carla and I faked our identities and grabbed some free airline tickets. Exciting pero wag tularan. Anyway, we've finally experienced the very famous Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo. The energy and vibe were all over the place. It was priceless to be part of this celebration.


February. The love month brought us a complimentary stay in this lovely and luxurious resort of Misibis Bay. Aside from the facilities and the Armada toiletries, the excellent service made our stay very memorable.


Then I was very delighted to receive a blogger's pass to be the first ones to explore The Mind Museum. I really planned to visit this place before I got retrenched from my job then. Anyway, it's just 200 meters away from our office building so I just bribed by former boss to let me go to the science museum while it's still office hours. Hehe


Summer time was fast approaching so a close encounter with the whale sharks in Oslob Cebu took place. This was controversial though because of the improper handling of this activity. Nevertheless, it was surreal to finally see the gentle giants, extreme up close.


On the other hand, I received a retrenchment letter from my previous company. To celebrate our last happy days in the office, my teammates and I went to Baler and surfed our hearts out! This trip was one of the happiest this year.


March. My much awaited Southern Eskapo with Dong Ho finally happened. Our route: Zamboanga - Basilan - Tawi Tawi. It was heart pounding and eye opener at the same time. Im very thankful for this learning-beyond-books experience.

ranks 6th in my Best Beaches in the Philippines list



Im a budget traveler but I do love splurging as well. Whenever my dear friend Rob is home, it's time for some fabulous staycation! Next year, we'll really target The Farm at San Benito. Right Rob? =)


April. I officially became a glorified tambay! I took advantage of having all the time I have to explore the best beaches in the country. Summer is simply the best time to be unemployed! I started by organizing an open trip to Apo Reef. Thank you guys for joining. Ansaya neto!

ranks 5th in my Best Beaches in the Philippines list

Right after this, Donnie and I flew to Mindanao and sailed our way to the island of Siargao. It was paradise. And of course, to swim with the stingless jellyfish in Bucas Grande was nothing but surreal. Thank you sir Edelito and your family for accommodating us.

ranks 2nd (if I wasn't biased) in my Best Beaches in the Philippines list

May. It was such a privilege to be part of a reality-travel show called PHL360 - 8 Travelers, 4 Destinations, 1 Full Circle. The challenges were 1. i dont know where the crew would bring me 2. i dont who would be my partner 3. i dont know what challenges await us in there. The week-long trip was unpredictable but fun! I salute the whole team, specially the crew for the effort. All out for the love of travel.

  8 Travelers, 4 Destinations, 1 Full Circle

awesome PHL360 team - east leg

the water split for me, Im one with the sea
Bontod Reef, Masbate

believe it or not, my assigned partner Hannah and I only met on the day of our trip
and for the record - there were no dead air moments and we NEVER did fight! haha

watch  PHL360 episode here ---> http://phl360.com/the-show/

June. My skin was so black and burnt but a day after my birthday, my dearest friends and I attempted to explore Gigantes Island. Although it wasn't a success, this trip was sooo fun and crazy! Also, out of the money I received from being retrenched, I was able to buy my very much desired gadgets: Canon's latest underwater camera and a waterproof watch. Ansarap ma-retrench!

super fun birthday trip with my dearest friends
gadgets: katas ng retrenchment

Btw, after doing a lot of traveling I got bored. I decided to finally start working again. My funds needed to be replenished. Hehe

July. I was finally convinced to have a dental surgery to remove my two wisdom teeth. The healing process was more painful and not fun at all, specially I can only eat soft food. Imagine, I was only eating mamon and mashed potato for 4 weeks!


August. I have no plans of renting a place near my work area in Taguig. It's just boredom that struck me and made me decide I needed to experience something new. I moved out and rented an apartment. Boredom really kills. ^_^


September. Nothing was remarkable for this month, including this so-so buffet at Circles Makati Shangri-La.


October. It was a lot of firsts- first time to apply for a visa, first time to visit a first-world country, and first time to experience autumn! The place to be is South Korea.


A day after I got home from South Korea was supposedly our Davao trip for Remay's birthday. Unfortunately, a lot of unlucky things happened and we missed our flight. Oh well, Davao is still not meant for me.

November. The 4-day long weekend brought Remay and I to the world renowned island of El Nido in Palawan. The clear blue water, breathtaking limestone formations, the laid back lifestyle, and the good vibe of the enthusiastic tourists are the obvious reasons why everyone hails El Nido. 

 lazy time in the beaches of El Nido


December. After the sweetest Misibis Bay escape, the next thing I really looked forward to is to experience Bellarocca. I knew this day would come, the day a group buying site would offer a great and irresistible promo deal! ^_^


Our annual outreach will happen on the 29th of this month. Thanks to those who have already given their support.

im very excited to have a day out with the girls!


Alright I admit it, I just can't keep my still. PHL360 was right. One minute Im luxuriating in a 5-star resort, the following week Im roughing it out in the far flung provinces of Basilan and Tawi-Tawi. Well, this is just me getting bored. (nakakapagod pala when I get bored. san ba nakakabili ng pampa-kalma?) 

I feel blessed for the exciting year the Lord has given me. It may not always be as I planned, but Im sure the alternative road always leads me to new friendship, new discoveries, and new realizations.

Thank you 2012 for the hyperactive journey! ♥


This post is my contribution to the Pinoy Travel Bloggers' Blog Carnival for the month of December with the theme This Year in Travel.

Compilation hosted by Gay Mitra-Emami of Pinay Travel Junkie.

43 responses:

chyngreyes.com said...

nakaka-pressure gumawa ng year end post! haha

Rem said...

Wow!

so glad to be part of most of your 2012 hyper-activitiesss... more to come for you on 2013 and i'll be just right there waiting for my pasalubong sa apartment natin dahil TIPID mode ako! waaaaaH


Hausmate,
Remay

chyngreyes.com said...

haha, naman!
salamat sa lahat ng profile pictures ko. ^_^

Ryan Mach said...

Lovely and glamorous photos! Parang ang sarap puntahan lahat ng napuntahan mo. Hehe! Happy new year.

adventurousfeet said...

what a great year for you ganda! I enjoyed reading your travels and adventure! karamihan sa mga napuntahan mo na eh been eyeing palang, konting ipon pa makakaya ko din haha! nakakainggit dami ko nga kakilala pag naretrench ang daming panggastos! hope next year maging part nako nako ng 2013 mo, im still you're fan :P

adventurousfeet said...

your* [mali pa hehe]

khantotantra said...

ansaya ng 2012 kasi andaming kaganapan sa blog mo. mostly travel including the 360 project thingy. :)

michymichymoo said...

Wow! I wish I have your energy! More travels to the both of us next year! :)


http://www.dekaphobe.com/

Axl Powerhouse Network said...

ang ganda ng 2012 mo!!
lahat super b!
memorable!!

at isa dun eh nameet kita hahaha!!

hope to meet you again!!

Sumi Go said...

Ang bongga ng 2012 mo, ate Chyng! :) I hope 2013 will bring you more awesome hyper-activities.. ;)

MheAnne said...

wow grabe jampacked ng travel memories mo sa 2012 at bored ka pa talaga nyan ha. i love all the pictures! super ganda. inggit ako sa Misibis, Bellaroca at sa El Nido!!!

gillboard said...

ang ganda ng 2012 mo!!! retrenchment and all.

mine was boring.

Happy New Year Chyng!!! Been awhile since i was last here.

KULAPITOT said...

superb yung year-end post at deserve an deserve ang isang standing ovation! wow ,,,,, your my idol chyng!

eMPi said...

clap, clap, clap! :D

:D

daming gala! :D

Chasing Philippines said...

" Summer is simply the best time to be unemployed!" - Chyng

Wahahaha! Now, Im thinking... :P

And again, im an avid fan. The best! Ganda ng mga photos!!!!!! At ikaw na ang every month, ang daming lakad. Cheers for a great 2012! More travels this coming year! :)

Unknown said...

I love your post Chyng! Na-entertain ako! I especially love this line "xciting pero wag tularan." Haha! mapusok ang peg.

rob said...

.. thanks for the special mention, haha. mailap talaga sa atin ang the farm - i'll surely plan something out for us this coming year. :)

nina said...

teh, ikaw na! Panalong panalo ang 2012!

pusangkalye said...

HYPERACTIVE is the right word dahil wala talagang tatalo sa pagiging hyperactive mo Chying!Here's to a better,bolder,more hyperactive 2013! :)

Riz said...

Bonggang bongga ang 2012 mo Chyng! Congrats and more to come next yr! Happy new Yr! :)

Anonymous said...

Hyperactive nga! hehe
here's to more trips and adventures! hope to see again next year. :)

Nicole said...

hangdami!! More travel for 2013 Chyng! :)

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Ang saya ng 2012 mo :D Natupad mo lahat ng nasa plans and there's more! :D Gusto kong bumalik sa Korea to go to Loveland dahil sayo lololol More adventures for 2012 and sana magkasama na tayo sa trip! :D

Lea said...

Happy New Year Chyng! :) Hope to see you in Davao on 2013. hehe

Anonymous said...

HI Ms Chyng,

im a new fan of yours, just been been following your blog since mid this year!!very superb, thanks for inspiring me to do what i really wanted to do which is to travel, never thought travelling could be so tipid and the DIY was the best..your 2012 travels was really great and kakainggit..hope i can do the same thing what you did.

hope i could join you some of your travels this coming 2013.. happy new year!!!

rezzie

ronielmacatol said...

thanks for coming and featuring Apo Reef in 2012! Proud Mindoreno here, see u halfway in 2013!

soloflightEd said...

so nice maretrench kapag so-so lang ang trabaho! congrats chyng! alam kong pangarap mong maretrench -- lol, labo. hahaha

nice to have your 2012 filled with travels and unexpected adventures!

happy new year chyng! :)

Jenniya said...

Grabe sa adventures! Gusto ko mapuntahan yang Loveland na yan.. Hmmm.

blissfulguro said...

favorite ko ang january at june! hahaha. favprite ko ang dinagyang with ate barbecue with love. hmm... makagawa nga rin ng year-end post **inggitera lang**

escape said...

another amazing year in travel for you Chyng! whoa! dami mong napuntahan despite the new work.

paborito ko sa mga byahe mo this year yung sa bucas grande, bontod reef and korea.

the trip in southern philippines was definitely on my top five best trip this year! cheers to more amazing trip in 2013 and of course our tandem trip.

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

Glad you found time to meet me earlier in 2012 despite your hectic sched hahaha! it was really great meeting you, Dom, Ferdz & Nina - 4 of my fave bloggers in the Philippines.

RIZALENIO said...

Happy 2013, Chyng! All the best for you this new year. Ingat sa mga travels. :)

Daene | Filipina in Flip Flops said...

Bontod Reef in Masbate looks amazing! Need to put that on my travel list this year.

Great 2012 post! Happy new year!

daene | filipinainflipflops.com

Claire | Traveling Light said...

I love the Buntod Island shot and your thought bubble! It is really beautiful there. =)

Happy New Year! Here's to more amazing adventures!

Ian | GoingRoamingWandering said...

What a year! May you have another hyperactive 2013 as well... Cheers to that!

Anonymous said...

I would also love to experience swimming with stingless jellyfishes. More travels for 2013 and Happy New Year Ate Chyng!

JeffZ said...

Wow, I missed a lot in your blog!... sensya na at mejo nag lay-low from bloghopping and blogging itself.. haha Di ko rin alam ba't ako naging abala.. lol

Happy new year Chyng!

Michi said...

what a year! every month may happening. =D

joan | the backpack chronicles said...

ikaw na talaga ang reyna ng mga mamahaling resorts! grabe South Korea! At Basilan. At Tawi-tawi! kailangan ng makapngholdap din ng bangko para makapunta din dyan. hahaha

Jakey Junkie said...

Now that's a splendid way to cap off 2012. Sobrang dami mo na talagang napuntahan.

I made good on my promise and started traveling na din.

Here's to more escapades to you.

And to me, lalo na kapag nag-relocate na ako sa Baguio City. :)

Anonymous said...

Chyng miss ko na magbasa ng new entry sa blog mo...araw araw aq bumabali dito to see if there's something new...

docgelo said...

what a colorful year for you, chyng! despite hassles, i also love 2012! very fruitful and memorable. hyperactive ika mo nga!

i bet sa end of year post mo for 2013 ang title e, most glamorous! hahaha keep the positivity flowing!

leilani said...

pwede ba maki friend? hahaha! ilang beses nako nagtanong! hahahah!! keep your blog awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...