South Korea Visa Application - Aprub!

Honestly Ive never listed South Korea in my countries to visit, but thank goodness for the traumatic experience in Bali, I now prioritized to visit 1st world countries. Harhar

Without any doubt, I chose South Korea right away. The fact that Koreans have high respects for Filipinos is already a good reason for me to go. Not to mention Jeju Air sent me an Etude House BB cream just because I signed up on their site. ^_^



Airfare Ticket:
Promo fare, opcors! I got my Manila-Incheon-Manila tickets for only P3,500. This includes baggage allowance, travel insurance, and 1st row seats for both flights. (tip: 1st row D,E, and F seats only cost P100. only 1st row A, B, and C seats cost P200) Quite a steal, but if only I've studied my route before booking the flight, I'll choose Manila-Busan then Incheon-Manila.


The requirements I submitted:
1. Application form (answer every item. i wrote "vacation" on the purpose of trip question. at the time of my application, i have not reserved any hotel yet so i just wrote "undecided" on the question address and home phone in Korea. i wrote all the countries Ive been to for the last 5 years.)
2. Passport
3. Photocopy of the 1st page of my passport
4. Passport size photo (any background color will do)
5. Photocopy of ITR (I submitted two ITR's - 2011 and 1st quarter of 2012. As you know I got retreched last March. This is very important. No work - No visa. No proof of income - No visa.)
6. Certificate of Employment (I submitted certifications from my previous and present employers. It includes my hire date, position, salary, the company address, office number, and a statement that my manager has approved my vacation leave for this SK trip. haha)
7. Bank Certificate (BPI charges P100 for this certificate and you can get it right away. so how much money to show for south korea visa application? it depends on the length of your trip. for a 7-day trip, then I think P50,000 in your bank account would do.)
Best part is - visa processing is free!



The day of visa application:
1. Since the Korean Embassy is open from 9am to 11am, I chose to go 30 mins before the cut off time. This is a very good idea. Wala ng applicants masyado by that time, nakauwi na sila. =)
2. I can ride a taxi to go there but since I live somewhere along C5-Taguig, I just took a jeepney and I asked the driver to drop me off McKinley.
3. Anyway, slippers and sleeveless tops are not allowed in the building (gaga ko lang di ko naisip to) but good thing my travel buddy Penggay let me borrow her jacket. Achieve, pinapasok ako ng guard!
4. I got my number and waited for my turn. When it's finally my turn, I walked towards the designated window and handed my documents to the person in charge. She handed me a claim stub, and that's it. Im done in less than 15 mins.
5. Processing will take 5 working days.



Visa releasing day:
Like the day of my application, I went to the embassy 15 minutes before cut off time. Releasing is only from 2pm-4pm. Again, wala ng aplikante at this time kasi nakauwi na sila. No waiting time for me.


aprub!


Visa is valid for 90 days / 3 months since date of issue. Maximum length of stay is 59 days.



plotting my route - the old school style
ansabe ng google maps sa very detailed map ko?
 
 
update 10/22/2012 - summary of my South Korea trip
 

52 responses:

Chyng said...

next: hagilap ng autumn outfit!

blissfulguro said...

woohoo! congrats teh! success ba ang outfit sa shop? **winks**

docgelo said...

congratz! pati ako na-excite sa south korea trip mo! gusto mo ba chyng ng kimchi? ayoko pero gusto ng bibimbap...abangan namin kung mag aala-chyng in the palace ka :)

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Congrats teh! Speaking of, hindi ko pa pala nabblog yung Korea adventure ko na napaka-iksi :))

toffee said...

i'll be submitting my requirements bukas for korea also, and will surely follow that 30mins before cut off time lol. sana magpang abot tayo dun nov. 8-13 kami ng friends ko (that is if approved ang visa hehe) - tof of projectlakwatsa.com

Patrich Medios said...

Nice, Chyng! Punta ka rin sa Jeju.ü Punta kami ni misis sa Seoul and Jeju, Oct.11-19.ü

mike said...

congrats! i can't wait to see your post for this upcoming trip. it might inspire to stay there for a few days - since s. korea is my stopover everytime i go back home.

Riz said...

wow. COngrats Chyng!! Nkakaexcite naman yan. in fairness ang galing ng tactics mo na 15 mins before cut off time. :)

Thanks sa Tips!! :)

khantotantra said...

kakaexcite naman ang upcoming trip mo sa lugar kung saan nauso ang gangnam. hehehe. papicture ka with that pose. joke lang.

kaabangs-abangs ang next posts mo.

Anonymous said...

hi chyng,

nice! will be there next year :)
btw, seoul map ba yan gamit m? where did you buy?

-dennisel (pex)

Gina DC said...

Wowowee, congrats!

rob said...

.. ayan, start na uli ng out of the country trips mo. :)

KULAPITOT said...

congrats chyng ,... sama me ! hahaha

soloflightEd said...

woohoo! ayos na ayos chyng! congrats and good luck sa international trip! excited na ako sa entries mo and thanks din for posting your application process! magagamit ko ito in the future. :)

Mustachio said...

Congratulations! And lucky you, you're in Manila, no need to go thru an agency for the visa application :) Enjoy your trip!

Project Gora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Project Gora said...

Chyng! sa jeju air ka nakakuha ng promo fare? :)

John Marx Velasco said...

Sayang nga, dapat Manila to Incheon then Busan to Manila. Anyway, super mura na nung RT tickets mo!

Enjoy your travel to KR! :D

Photo Cache said...

congratulations, enjoy.

travel destination is like love, it comes from the most unexpected places, ika nga.

i can't wait to see your/hear about your experience. will you be there for the winter season? ay ang lamig!!!!

Gracie said...

Highly appreciated, thanks for posting this idol, ingat and have fun fun fun :D

michymichymoo said...

Very detailed. This is very useful if I plan on going to Korea para makapag-asawa ng Korean pop superstar. :p

http://www.dekaphobe.com

lakwatserong tatay said...

wow...congratz chyng...since malapit lang ang office ko sayo...pwede magrequest...papabili ako ng souvenir tshirt ng korea...kasi nagcocollect ako ng out of the country tshirts eh...please...hehehe...^_^

Unknown said...

Congratz Chyng! Aabangan ko tong Korea trip mo, kasi sa Autumn din kami pupunta pero next year pa. Goodluck!

Anonymous said...

visit Nami Island! Its so nice there esp during fall where all the leaves are brown! Don't forget to go to Everland din. Have fun

kim buenafe said...

helpful post for me since I will be applying for a Korean visa soon. did you get that S.Korea map at the embassy? I will need one myself. happy travel!

rairaiken said...

Way to go Chyng! Looking forward to your awesome pictures of adventure! c",)

John Bueno said...

Ako hanggang ngayon nasa bucket list ko pa rin yan hehe ^^,

I'll apply for that soon too... have you reserved hotels na? Seen the rates medyo mahal ah

Richie said...

when are you flying? let's meet!! :)

chyng said...

^ send me a msg on fb :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chyng! Suggest that you book via Namsan Guesthouse 2 or 3. Its in downtown Myeongdong, 2 min walk from the subway and on the other side of the street you could find the myeongdong shopping area. Also from the guesthouse, its about a couple of minutes away from dongdaemun market.

Ian | GoingRoamingWandering said...

Wow Autumn in Korea! Dream ko din yan kaso next year na Korea trip... libre pa naman ang visa fee. Visit Olympic Park and Namsan Tower, pati Gongbyeokong Palace, Chyng!

Gorgeous Biatch said...

i'm excited for you chyng! ako 5 times ng na-deny sa korean embassy kaya nung nalaman kong approved ka uber inggit talaga ako. enjoy! super happy place dun and they won't fail you... looking forward for your SK post. :)

Nicole said...

Enjoy teh!! Hintayin ko ang blog posts mo! :)

Anonymous said...

Ma'am Chyng, I'll wait for your itinerary ha. 'Will travel on Oct. 26 - Nov. 3 hehe.

pusangkalye said...

ako kaya,kelan makakapunta?tagal nang nag-aantay ang iba kong studes.kelan kaya ako magkakapera?hahaha

pusangkalye said...

ang mahal ng Korea!iba ka talaga! :)

Anonymous said...

Grabe Ms. Chyng! Naiiyak ako! Hahaha. Ang babaw lang. Alam mo namang last Summer eh ginawa kong bakasyunan ang blog mo na binasa ko from the very 1st post. Na-influence pa nga ako kasi last August kahit paulan ulan pinush ko ang Majayjay Falls trip haha. Inspire ako eh. Grabe. Ngayon, South Korea na ang pupuntahan mo. Iba ka teh! Idol talaga kita sa travel chorva. Hiiiie! Excited ako for you!!!

Kirsteen gonzales said...

Ate, ikaw na ikaw na talaga! Idol talaga kita.. How i wish i can go there too.. Ill be waiting for ur itinerary.. Happy trip! ;)

leilani said...

ayyyy!!! hello!! nakita ko na sagot sa tanong ko!! haha! kc nauna ung isang post mo dumating! hehe!! ingget mode prin!!

Miguel Garcia said...

thanks for sharing chyng...very detailed..kailangan ko to

nathaniel asis said...

hi, ms. chyng! is it true that visa application to korea is free? is it advisable that you already have plane tickets before applying for a visa? pls. reply.thanks

chyngreyes.com said...

^ yes it's free!
and yes, no need to purchase your tickets first.

nathaniel asis said...

hi! how much it cost you for the entire trip? estimate amount will do. pls reply. thanks!

Chyng said...

^ around 30k. kasama lahat ng airfares.

Unknown said...

hi ask ko lng kung maa proved ba yjng visa mo khit wala kng tutuluyan pa dun sa south korea?

Anonymous said...

Hi chyng ask ko lang kng panu pag wala pa akong ITR? kakahire q lang kc sa work this year. Will look forward to ur answer. Thankyou!!! :))

Chyng said...

hi!
you mean fresh grad ka? if not, for sure may itr ka last year.

if yes, hhmm mahirap ang tanong mo. kelangan talaga ng itr.

Nicely said...

Punta din kami ng mga officemates ko this April. Wish us luck sa visa application? Nga pala, nung nagvisa application ka ba meron ka ng ibang visa before? Iba daw kasi ang pila nun tama ba?

Chyng said...

^ nicely,

1st visa ko yan =)

Jolene Tan said...

Hi miss chyng! This is a verygood read and reference! Thank you! I'd like to ask where can i inquire for cheap flights. I must admit youre airfare of 3500 was exceptionally shocking! Haha thanks, hope to hear from you soon :)

Chyng said...

hi!
this is a cebu pacific Piso fare promo. matagal na. sa ngayon wala ng ganyang kamura. =(

Anne said...

Hi, I have a question regarding this:

5. Photocopy of ITR (I submitted two ITR's - 2011 and 1st quarter of 2012. As you know I got retreched last March. This is very important. No work - No visa. No proof of income - No visa.)

How were you able to get an ITR for the first quarter of 2012? Diba annual yun? Kasi wala pa akong available ITR because I started lang last January 2014. Previous job ko I quit 2011 pa. Stopped working to take care of my nephew. Thanks in advance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...