Random Nothings of a Glorified Tambay

And just like that, summer's ended and 2 months has passed since I became a glorified tambay.
Here are some random nothings of a jobless and non-taxpayer lady:


○ Since it's summer time and I have all the time to travel, I had trips to Occidental Mindoro, Butuan, Siargao, Surigao City, and a lot of secret destinations for PHL360. Sulit na sulit ang buong April!

○ All black and burnt skin, I went to my previous office and finally claimed my cheque. Being retrenched comes with a great price. ^_^

○ All of a sudden, I lost my excitement to travel. Ewan ko ba nawalan ako ng gana. Sorry sa mga madaming nag-aya pero tinanggihan ko.

○ Still jobless, I preferred to stay home and wasted my every day by surfing the net or do nothing. Priceless. Im not even aware anymore kung anong araw o anong petsa na.

○ I realized Im always jobless when my birthday comes. I was jobless last May 2007, May 2008, May 2011, and May 2012. (and trust me, di ko sinasadya yan)

○ I got bored so I started looking for a job.

in an interview

employer: what did you do since Mar 31, it's been almost 2 months since you lose your job.
me: i traveled. i also joined a reality travel show.
employer: out of curiosity, i checked out your blog and read about your indonesia trip.
me: that's really terrifying, but it's a lesson for travelers that unexpected things can happen. now i just considered it as a bump on the road.
employer: yeah, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
me: (bidyoke time na to!)


○ After 5 hours, the employer emailed me the job offer. (yes, via email or phone nalang ang job offer ngayon, in case you dont know).

○ To avoid any birthday mishaps on a trip, I stayed home and celebrated my birthday with my family. It's a good and quiet one. I even set off the birthday notification on Facebook. Wala lang, it's not a big deal if you remember it or not. Anyway, thanks to those who sent me birthday greetings. I appreciated them. ♥

○ Big thanks and warm hugs to my dearest friends who knew na kuripot ako so they gave me these:

donnie: teh, alam ko di ka bibili ng P399 na sabon, pero kelangan mo yan.
me: haha, pakshet ka. ganun na ko kaitim? pero thank you! sana effective. toinks!


rem: alam ko gustong-gusto mo yan, pero di ka gagastos ng P1,200 for a towel.
me: haha korek. wee, thank you! may sea to summit na ko, isa na akong ganap na travel blogger ^_^


○ Im not a fan of expensive shoes, designer bags, and branded clothes - but I think it's time for my old fossil watch to retire. Iba na din kasi lifestyle ko ngayon. I need a sporty type this time, yung pwede ding pang underwater!

birthday gift to myself ♥
katas ng retrenchment #1


○ A day after my birthday, my friends and I flew to Roxas. The trip isn't successful, but the happiness level cannot be any less! Old school bidyoke and improvised disco in a quiet little town. Fun!

that's Carla, Peng, Rem, and I on this big boat


○ Forgive me I didn't have time to blog and bloghop. Im busy preparing my pre-employment requirements (again). I never planned to work for 6 different companies in 5 years! =(

○ Lastly, Im currently looking for an apartment, condo, or a room to rent or share (wag nyo ko bentahan ng condo, i said rent lang). Basta very accessible sa Market Market or The Fort. If you know a place, please let me know. If you're also looking for one , please leave me a message. I promise magiging mabait akong housemate. ^_^



50 responses:

Chyng said...

wag na mainggit, tax payer na ulit ako in a few hours..

Mustachio said...

Haha! I love your life!

khantotantra said...

galing ng interview, pati blog mo nabisita nia. chalan! A-for-effort sa pag-background check.

Natawa ako sa regalong sabon. Pero minsan okay naman ang pagiging dark-skinned, yan ang kina-iinggitan ng mga foreigners! :D

Unknown said...

@.@ I like the new watch.

Belated Happy Birthday and congratulations for getting a new job, Chyng!

Cheers,
Krista Rona

Pinoy Adventurista said...

Super dami ng trips last summer... woohoo!!!

Happy Birthday Chyng! Good luck sa new work... :) Cheers!!!

Mona Sabalones Gonzalez said...

Congrats on your job:) Seems like getting retrenched was the best thing that happened to you with all those fun trips you took.

Rizza said...

masarap talagang tumambay minsan! :) pero my times na maiisip mong nkakapagod din palang tumambay. hahaha. kaya try ko din mag apply2x na sa corpo world. kabagot na din sa home-based job :(

Donnie Ray said...

te, sana pagkita natin uli mapusyaw kana :D

wala kang post last week baka hindi na maging 61 hehe

yey may work kana uli. anytime pwede na kita pasyalan sa the fort. ^_^

Happy Birthday! Love you teh!

Chyng said...

^
nakakapressure naman yang "sana mapusyaw ka na pag nagkita tayo ulit" haha

yeah, dalawin mo ko sa The Fort! =)

John Marx Velasco said...

Natawa ako sa sagot nung employer mo, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Videoke time tlaga!

Congrats Chyng for your new job! :D

Unknown said...

ganda ng new watch. bagay na bagay :D

nina said...

WALA NA AKONG KASABAY PAUWI!!!!

Chyng said...

^
haha, wala pa teh. sa ngayon sabay pa din tayo for sure!

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Uy bago ka maging taxpayer ulit, gora na sa Lingayen with us this weekend! :P

iamjessiegarcia said...

Chyng, hope we could meet since we will stay in the same building na... ^^

Axl Powerhouse Network said...

ayun oh.. may work na ulit siya.... kainam,,
happie bday ulit..
ang sipag ng hr ha.. pati blog todo research. hahaha..

ardee sean said...

happy birthday uli, chyng.. God bless.. natawa ako sa bijoke time, E: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. insert >> yeah, Just me, myself and I.. LOLS :P

chrrrmaine said...

Belated Happy Birthday! At Good luck sa bagong trabaho! :D

Jenniya said...

Belated Happy Birthday Chyng!

michymichymoo said...

Belated Happy Birthday Chyng! :) Natawa naman ako sa videoke time and "magiging" mabait na housemate.hahaha! :p Anyway, I'm going to Davao next month and I can't find your Davao post (meron ba or bulag lang ako?)

:p

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

abeng said...

chyng may #1 tlga ung retrenchment? parang umaasa mag ka #2 3 4 hehehe
congrats sa new work!naaliw ang hr sa blog mo te binasa talaga im sure alam na nila ngayon gamit na gmit sl vl mo

gillboard said...

hey chyng belated happy birthday!!!

good luck sa bagong work!!

Piggybear Travels said...

In fairness ate Chy you managed to be at home! Hahah:)) first time I heard that from you.

Unknown said...

Sarap ma retrenched! Kitakits soon!

Kape Kanlaon\ said...

Happy Birthday Chyng! Grabeh I admire kung pano ka mag resign nang wala pang sure na trabaho next. After college, work talaga ako agad and since then I never became a bummer. Bago kasi ako mag resign, I make sure na sureball na ang next na employment. Yayks! Gusto ko rin ma try maging ultimate bummer! hehehe

btw, did you know i'm embarking on a new phase of my blogging life now? lol check out my tech blog at www.rutechy.com :))

Veronica said...

Sabi ko sa bf ko, gusto kita maging housemate coz I'm sure you've got more travel stories to share than what's in your blog. Kaso naisip ko, baka mainggit lang ako ng todo. :P

anney said...

Happy belated birthday! Kailangan ko din ng Met Thathione soap at ulikba nako kaka swimming din. hihi!

Riz said...

Nahiya aq sa interview kwela lng ang eksena.. Belated hapi bday Chyng!!
bet q ung watch..!!!! :)

Ruby Batallones said...

Chyng! Sa Forbeswood Heights ka na lang. Dito pinakamura nacanvass na namin ng mga housemates ko dito sa area. Hehe. Congrats sa bagong work!

Nicole said...

wow! congrats sa lahat ng nagawa mo habang tambay ka at congrats sa bagong work! :)

Ian | GoingRoamingWandering said...

Cheers! You have a job after 2 months only. We almost have the same case. I had 5 companies, 5 works in 5 years! Hindi naman ako company-hopper. Congrats on your new job! Mahirap maging bum kahit marami kang free time to travel! Birthday wish for you - more travels to come so more travel stories to share here.

Lea said...

Kaloka ka talaga chyng! haha.. Belated happy birthday and congrats on the new job. :) I am sure super impressed ang interviewer sayo. hehe

tey hilario-morales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tey hilario-morales said...

belated happy birthday chyng...good luck to your new job.
btw, where will the PHL360 be shown? i'm excited to watch it.

thanks

che said...

Congratulations on the new job Chyng and Belated Happy Birthday! Maybe we could meet some time since dun din ako sa may Fort area. :-)

Chyng said...

@ruby!
magkano jan? pwede pa makishare?

@che,
sure sure! saan building mo?

Photo Cache said...

congratulations chyng both on having another b/day and landing another job.

mukhang madali lang mag job hunt jan sa pinas, especially pag qualified ka.

ayan makakaipon ka na naman for an overseas jaunt in the near future.

cheers!!!!!

thepinaysolobackpacker said...

wow! sana may magbigay din saken ng microtowel! :D love ko yung watch Chyng! my work ka na uli? ayos ah, sakto tlga ang retrenchment for the PHL360. hehe

P.S Natitibo ako sa legs mu! haha

Axel said...

Ahhh, retrechment pala yung nangyari sayo.. sad to here that. But congratulations may bagong work ka na uli..

Daming ipon ah, at ang dami mong napuntahan in 2 months na walang work..

May reality travel show pala.. ano yun? hehehe

Dhianz said...

tagal kong nde na-visit blog moh... i hardly blog na ren kc... but juz wanna say belated happy birthday and goodluck sa new job moh... take care! Godbless!

jeanny said...

ganda congratulation sa new job and belated heypi berday :-)

Ganda ng watch mo. I lyk :-)

Anonymous said...

Ms. Chyng i-blog mo rin kung effective ung 399 soap? please sige na, hehehehe :D

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

welcome back to the work force Chyng! congrats. excited ako sa PHL360 project nyo!

lakwatserong tatay said...

ikaw ang kakaibang tambay, sa dami ng iyong gala...tapos ngayon my work kana ulit...sigurado mas marami pa ang gala..

belated happy birthday chyng!!!!

btw. kelan natin iset ang ating lunch date sa Florings!!!!

dito ka pa rin ba sa the fort?

pie rivera said...

Happy happy birthday Chyng!!! I must admit this is the first time I saw your website - pero naaliw ako for being brutally frank! kakaloka! Belated Happy Birthday to you! Kaya ako nagcocomment ngaun ay dahil sa sinabi mong lagi kang (almost always) walang work during your birthdays - ako naman, ilang beses ko na din kasing napupuna na tuwing malapit na ako mag birthday, lagi akong walang pera ... kainis! hahaha ... pero congrats and good luck to your new job - on the bright side - madali ka makakuha ng trabaho, kudos to you! more kakalokang posts! :)

Tsina said...

Aw. Nakakaisa pa lang ako in almost 4 years in the corporate world. :D Congrats on your new job. :)

Belated. :)

kim buenafe said...

don't worry, there's always KOJIC-SAN soap as an alternative. it's way cheaper and is effective too! available sa suking mercury drug stores. ^_^

John Bueno said...

Ayus! Welcome back to the corporate world hehe

sana ako rin maka alis alis ng ganyan... wala akong time kasi T_T

Theonoski said...

ate chyng! happy birthday!!! lapit na phl360, we're all excited na! stay beautiful and cool! meynteyn lang ang peg!

Traveling Morion/Jeffrey Rilles said...

ang kulet talaga ng post na to chyng hahaha, parang startalk lang ang peg jejeje kaw na c manay lolit solis jejeje

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...