Twists and Turns of 2011

Sa totoo lang, nawala sa isip kong gumawa ng year end post. Pa-busy effect ako kahit 9-day holiday vacation ako sa work. Kakainis lang, company shutdown tapos forced leave? Walang kwenta.. Tapos sira pa tong letter "o" sa keyboard ko.. Haay buhay. #TantrumeraReyes ^_^

At dahil kakauwi ko lang from Palaui kahapon, struggle mode ako ngayon to make this year end post. Looking back, ansarap balikan ang mga memorable trips & the good and bad times of the year 2011.


January. First thing I did was I got myself a life insurance. I need extra protection for my family and for myself, in case something happened. What's more convincing is that this life insurance comes with an investment plan. Added savings, right?

Right after I got insured, I secretly went to Batad, along with Toto and Jen, and 2 French girls. The trek was a torture, but considering the view, the strangers I met, and the lessons learned - all of these made the trip very much worth it. And hey, we've got our own share of our isolated case in Batad.

February. Dom, Gael, and I finally got the chance to travel together for the 1st time. Super fun trip. Reaching the creepy submerged town of Mapanuepe just became the bonus. This should have been my entry to "Travel is the Destination", last month's blog carnival.

One of the few things that can convince me to go to a crowded place is to watch a fireworks competition. February marks the much awaited pyromusical event at MoA. Simply magical.

Another worth mentioning is that I accidentally did a memorable photo walk with the ex-bf in Luneta. This blog post made it to the Philippine Blog Awards. Naks!

March. The favorite activity I tried this year - scuba diving in Balicasag. The beauty of the underwater world took my breath away.

An unplanned trip to CWC along with my co-nocturnal girl friends Nina and Dyanie came next. Wakeboarding is really fun yet exhausting. Instead of trying to be a pro, we settled in a good spot and killed time by watching the experts. It's raining sexy men all over the place! =)



April.
Another item in my 2011 Checklist was done as I made an SSS Loan for the 1st time. I'm P13,350 richer! Not bad. Ü



On the other hand, my friends for life spent our summer in La Union. Everyone excelled in riding the waves. I guess surfing is easy for us who live in the flooded areas of Malabon, Valenzuela, and Bulacan. ^_^ This is also the trip where I didn't bring any camera with me. Thanks to my friends who took my photos.

May. My close friend Rem and I once again visited Puerto Galera, but this time we preferred a beach farther to the party and the crowd. We're glad to found Talipanan beach.

Another balikbayan from New York came home and I accompanied him to Calaguas. The weather was very fine at first, but as the night comes, the rain poured hard. Having no proper shelter, we had no choice but to let the rain pour on our body. Ang ginaw sobra. That scary moment made us prayed hard. After 2 hours of agony in the rain, God has finally gave us a good weather. A rainbow after the rain.

June. A traumatic welcome to the island of the Balinese - Dyanie and I were accused as drug traffickers only because we're Filipinas! Sad truth and a lot of lessons learned.

i never imagined this case would be featured in the radio, newspapers, tv, and even in the official gazette of the Philippines. thanks to everyone who showed concern.


Nevertheless, I tried to enjoy the Bali trip despite of how the officials in the airport treated us. Balinese culture is really rich, Hinduism never fail to heighten my curiosity.

Equally stunning are the infrastructures and mesmerizing nightscapes in Singapore. The airport and train system are very efficient. Quite expensive country but obviously the progress is very evident.

July. Because of the trauma, I cancelled my flights to El Nido and Dumaguete. I dont want to see the airport yet. =( Anyway, I quit my job last June and signed a contract in a company at The Fort. I welcomed myself back to being a normal person, hello morning shift! Ang hirap. Until now Im wishing I can work at night instead.

my 5th job in 4.5 years
up to date, di ko na mabilang ang madaming 2 bottles session after work ^_^


August. Being a newly hire means kelangan magpa-good shot. Wala pa din akong leaves so I opted to have staycations and splurge at hotel buffets on weekends. Ü



September. Opened a joining trip to Anilao for my readers. The underwater world may not be as gorgeous as Bohol or Coron, but this trip became memorable because of the bonding with the girls.

October. Finally experienced one of the world class festivals in our country - Bacolod's Masskara. The energy, dedication, and effort of every barangay who performed were enough to make my 3-hour wait under the sun and the rain worth it.

Before going home, we made a day trip in the nearby province Guimaras and explored its mystical caves and beaches.



November. For Rem's birthday, we flew to Legazpi and had a day tour in the luxurious resort of Misibis. And by now, you surely knew the hits and misses of Misibis Bay.

And a trip to Legazpi wont be complete without giving the majestic Mayon a visit. Had fun doing fun snapshots behind Mayon's peak.

December. Everyone in the family freaked out when they saw the blood clot in my eye. Because of this, I looked like a drug addict for a week. LOL

And among all the trips I organized this year, this one's the most challenging yet fulfilling. Our group JGC held a Christmas outreach with the abandoned lola's at Bahay ni Maria. We never thought partying with the old age people would be much more fun.



And as a year end trip - I organized a trip to Palaui, an island found in the northeastern of Luzon. Along with 5 solo female joiners, we braved the waves then survived the 5-hour trek in a muddy trail using our bare feet. Despite the hardships, this trip became a great experience for everyone. (blog post to follow)

barefoot trek towards Palaui island



365 days full of twists and turns. Im very thankful for every safe and action-packed trip, every person I met, everyone who I traveled with, every experience I overcome, every lesson and realization I learned, and every dream that I still wanted to pursue day by day. Im very much looking forward for another fruitful year ahead.

I'd like to thank those 823 email subscribers
, 616 Google followers, and every avid reader na halos kabisado na ang details ng buhay ko. LOL Thanks for appreciating my blog. I promise to still write feel good and funny entries next year. Hugs everyone! ♥


Btw, I created a twitter account at last. Please follow me and I'll surely follow you back. Thanks! http://twitter.com/#!/chyngreyes

60 responses:

Chyng said...

happy new year and God bless! ♥

Unknown said...

happy new year chyng! looking forward for more travel posts and food trip :)

Unknown said...

from all the highs and temporary low (of the Bali incident) - which became a high again, after sharing your experience and letting everyone know about racial profiling, to scuba diving. You definitely had a great 2011. I know your 2012 will be even better.

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Happy New Year Chyng! Parang agos lang ang 2011 mo - may highs and lows, pero bongga! I am looking forward to our trip next year (demanding haha dapat meron na hihi). Take care and more travels dear! :D

Ed said...

wow na wow!! na wow na wow! andaming trips! grabe ang 2011 mo chyng! :D

and nagPalaui pa talaga, excited nako makita post mo dyan (kasi di pa ako nakapagpost sa Palaui! haha).

At ikaw na talaga ang Queen Blogger of Hotels, pinangalanan talaga? hehehe

John Marx Velasco said...

Happy New Year Chyng!

Naks, may twitter! =)

Angel said...

Happy Happy Happy New Year Chyng! Astig, ang kulay ng 2011 mo! Cheers to more travels next year :)

RON said...

hong sexy naman nung nagsu-surf!!!
happy new year love!

Ron

word verification: blowX (lol)

Iyay B. said...

Para saken dabes yung subconjuctival hemorrhage mo! hehehe!

2011 was very memorable for you indeed! Wishing you for more memorable trips this coming 2012!

Happy new year friend! Amishoo! :)

Iyay B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ian said...

napakaexciting talaga ng 2011 mo chyng! more travels to come this 2012!

MheAnne said...

wow one heck of a year for you dear. here's to more tavels in the coming year!

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

haha pressured ba? ako rin nagkukumahog kanina haha :P

teka ako lang ba ang taga malabon na di marunong mag surf? happy new year chyng! :)

Calvin said...

hi chyng...wait nag-close na yung nilipatan mong company?

mukhang ok yung palaui ah... parang batanes lang. pero mas murang batanes?

Pinoy Boy Journals said...

beautiful photos, beautiful trips. Happy 2012 to you. For sure, your stars will shine brighter. Cheers!

Robbie said...

Kung ako levitation lang ikaw papalipad na talaga!!! Well-travelled 2011 ang sayo Chyng! Despite some mishaps at least you are still doing fine. =) Insured kasi! Hahaha.

Gusto rin kita maka-travel soon! :D Happy new year!

Sumi Go said...

Happy new year ate Chyng! Grabe, ang action-packed nga ng buhay mo and I'm glad you are sharing every adventure trip here on your blog.. :) Wish next year I can join in one of your travels. I'm still a noob in traveling, especially backpacking. Lagi ko kasing dala buong kwarto ko before when I travel.. :))

Anyway, have a wonderful 2012 ate Chyng! May you be blessed with more opportunities and good adventures in life.

Kareen said...

you forgot to include you signed up to TWITTER in 2011 din! LOL... danda pics gurl... and palaui... hmmm.. prang gusto ko din try un! Happy New Year Chyng-a-ling! =)

escape said...

looking back at all these travels i should ssay that all those happy times can definitely overcome your bali experience.

it was fun to have the chance to travel with you and like this year (2011), another tandem trip awaits in 2012 (fingers crossed).

so cheers to great stories! fun trips! and great bonding time.

AJ said...

Kaw na ang responsible...for getting a life insurance. Clap clap clap. That's the best thing you did with your money this year. :)

At ang laki naman ng SSS loan mo. I also took out a loan for the first time pero sobrang barya lang ang inaprove sa kin.

Finally, loooooooove your photos! So clear. Can't achieve that with my P&S, pero ayoko pa rin mag-DSLR. Unless bigyan ng mas malaki ng SSS, hehehe.

A blessed new year to you and your loved ones!

Maudey said...

You had an exciting year, Chyng! Hoping to read about more travels in 2012.. :) Happy New Year! Cheers!

Hoobert the Awesome said...

You really had a good year. Lots of travels. And I'm glad na nasundan ko 2011 mo Ate Chyng, though may mga articles na di ko nabasa/nakapag-comment 'cos I was busy esp during the summer.

And I am glad that I was part of your 2011. I hope sa 2012 magkita na talaga tayo. Hahaha. 3 years-in-waiting na ang EB natin. Hahaha. :)

Alam ko mas masaya ang 2012 mo. I'm really sure of that. :)

Happy 2012!

Ryan Mach said...

Happy new orbit, Chyng. You're one of my favorite travel bloggers. Naks! ;p

Nicole said...

Happy New Year Chyng!!!

MarLiesTravels said...

that was one fun 2011! we hope we can join you on one of your adventures this new year! cheers for a better 2012! :)

Lea said...

Chyng, happy new year! :) I love your firework pic. And bilib ako sa insurance mo. hehehe...

More travels and blessings in 2012.



Ate Lea

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

Ang daming nangyari sa buhay mo in 2011 and I felt like I knew you kahit di man lang tayo nagkita. Hopefully sa 2012! Happy new year Chyng!

Michi said...

you had a blast! happy new year! =) looking forward for your posts!

Pinoy Adventurista said...

still, the good ones outshines the bad experience you had... Cheers for more travels this 2012! Happy New Year Chyng! Sana pag nagkasabay ulit tayo sa plane, magka-chikahan na tayo... hehehe! :)

khantotantra said...

hondoming gala.

more blessings to come!

Piggybear Travels said...

so inggit with you ate.

kg said...

love this entry chyng! super gala ka! :)

AkosiUNNI said...

wow wow
daming gala,,kakainggit~!
happy new year~

pusangkalye said...

at talagang me last minute salvo pa to Palaui island.grabe.ang ganda nung pic.now I am convinced.mala Batanes nga.sana me hotel diba.para overnight.hehehe

Becky said...

chyng, excited na ko sa Palaui post mo! :)

Kat said...

Happy New Year, Chyng! Ang saya ng 2011!

RIZALENIO said...

Happy 2012, Chyng! Wish you more safe travels.

nathalie said...

Whatta year indeed! Cheers to more travels & adventures for 2012.

Tsinoy Foodies said...

wow im so jeaous full of fun and adventures ang 2011 mo! Wishing you a better ear pa rin this 2012 syempre! Happy new year =)

Sendo said...

wow..amazing...looking forward din ako for more of your here and there and everywhere ^^ awesome 2011. Happy new year!!!! great year to all us!!!

Photo Cache said...

without a doubt, you have had a memorable 2011. hope this year less drama and more adventure :)

Dani said...

Happy new year, Chyng! :)

vin said...

yey, you made it to palaui! more travels for you this 2012 chyng!

lakwatserong tatay said...

wow astig...isa talaga ako sa mga avid readers mo and super follower mo...hehehe...

cheers and more travels this year 2012....^_^

Ichan said...

Happy new year po! Cheers to more travels and food trips this 2012 :)

m@noy en nin@y said...

happy new year chyng!!! 2011 has been one of the memorable year not only for me but for my other half... i did plan to create a monthly countdown just like yours!!! too bad "blue" mode pa din ako

here's me wishing you another year of amazing stories (parang kaps amazing story lang lolz) and pictures! have a fruitful and beautiful years ahead!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy new year, ms Chyng! :D Andaming gala! Idol! :D

More gala, more blessings sa taong 2012!

Hanna Ramos said...

Happy New Year, Chyng! :)

Mitch said...

Nagiisa ka Chyng pati mga travel posts mo! Kahit hindi ko pa napuntahan at na xperience ang marami dito feel ko, kasama ko sa mga lakad mo kasi ganda ng year ender mo...Very nice!! Anywei, ganda ng tubedress mo sa Misibis!

joy said...

hope di ka na nagsawa ng kababasa nang mga comments sa blog mo dahil sa dami. he he. but your blog is really fun to read. Kung nalulnkot ang tao, just reading your blog make that person smile. pati mga places na pinagalingan mo at mga photos, they are so beautiful. Keep it up. you are an inspration.

Allen said...

seems like you had an awesome year! Dadami pa yang mga lakad. Good luck!

joan | the backpack chronicles said...

happy new year! hoping for more travels for all of us this 2012!!

blissfulguro said...

wala akong favorite post kasi gusto ko lahat pero yung misibis and mayon outfits i love! pa-raffle na yan!

Ruth dela Cruz said...

Look at you babe! You had such a year! How do you do it? :) I looove the fireworks pic up there ;) Hope to share buffet experience with you again ":D

Bonzenti [Con Tour Blog] said...

happy new year chyng and wish you more travels in 2012 and good health. :-).

docgelo said...

at the moment, my favorite among your 2011 trips is the one with scuba diving and shots done underwater. beautiful! ang husay.

more adventures and fun travels this 2012 and beyond. so you've conquered the sea, the land, the mountains, the air of course, what's next, outerspace? *kidding*

happy new year, chyng.

ps : sayang, nasa palaui ka when the meet up with dyan,marian,and kg was set. i asked dyanie to give my regards to you (sikat ka!)

rob said...

.. happy new year chyng, thanks for the friendship. food trips naman tayo this year! :)

Kura said...

Happy new year Chyng! Natutuwa ako at natupad na ang dream ko to travel with you this year.

Ang tumittwitter ka na ha. Anyway, nag-enjoy akong balikan ang mga trips mo. Sino bang makakalimot sa under water world ng Balicasag at sa mala top 1 trending Bali entry na yan.

Again, happy new year and looking forward sa Palaui post. Excited. Ang ganda ng mga pix nyo sa FB ni ma'am. heheh!

iyassantos said...

happy new year!

parang gusto ko na rin mag-avail ng life insurance! para maging matapang na rin ako!

Mustachio said...

Oh wow, you've been everywhere!! (So green with envy!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...