Goals For 2011

Sharing my conversation with an ex-officemate..
Me: Why did you end your 10-year relationship with your ex-GF?
Ex-Officemate: Chyng, the girl is like you. Ang dami nyang gustong gawin that she cant settle down.
Me: (taas-kilay) Wow ha, may ganung comparison?! 0_o

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○

2010 is such a turning point in my life as I've done things I never thought I could do. Im very thankful that God gave me good health, courage, and the will to do those things. As they say, time flies when you are enjoying. True enough. I barely had a dull and boring moment because of these "things that I look forward to." Thank you Lord for giving me new cravings every now and then.

Again, a goal without a plan is just a wish. So Im labeling these items as goals, and not wishes. Here's the list of my goals for 2011.

Another Life Insurance. Yes I have already one. This is provided by my employer but it only has limited coverage. I feel the need to have another one with full coverage. Besides it's a form of having myself (and family) insured and make savings at the same time. (hello Caribbean cruise in the future, yay!)

SSS Loan. Been working for over 3 years but I haven't tried getting any SSS benefit. Now it's time to try it.

Attend a Local Festival. In my 26 years of existence, I haven't witnessed any festival in the country. Not even the most anticipated Penagbenga, Pahiyas, and Hot-Air Balloon festival. I want to feel the vibe of being part of a colorful and lively parade. (open for joiners)

Organize an Outreach / Travel For A Cause. Im very biased to orphans. I believe that poor families and out of school youth are still luckier compared with someone who doesn't have anyone at all. This year, I want to make it more than the usual gift giving in an orphanage. I just don't have the ideas yet. (suggestions are welcome)

New Job. I don't really see myself staying in that company for another year. =(

Good Physical Condition. In 3 straight years, I always have problems whenever I had the results of my Annual Physical Exam in the office. I think this item is more of a wish than a task.

Batad. This is where the life insurance is essential! Hihi I've been wanting to experience the best of Northern Luzon has to offer. Dong Ho marketed this place to me so well that Im pursuing the trip even without him. (i promise to have a tandem trip with you)

Balicasag. I've been to Bohol 2 years ago but skipped this spot. I was not interested until last year when I fell in love with snorkeling. This year Im going back just to witness the beauty of underwater world in Balicasag.

Bali. One of the most raved about places in South East Asia. I will kill my curiosity and find out the secret of Balinese culture. (sorry but it's not open for joiners, I already chose my companion for this trip)

El Nido. To experience another world class beach in Pinas, wearing a new set of swimwear. Sana may mag-donate! ^_^ (this trip is open for joiners)

Siquijor. The island of fire. I know a few people who labeled this place as the best spot in Pinas. Very interesting. (open for joiners)

Shangri-La Mactan. Splurging once in a while wont hurt, right? ^_^

Scuba Diving. I told you, I'm not a beach loving person anymore. I want to be where the fish and corals are! (very open for joiners, specially for beginners like me)

Singapore. Anyone who wants to welcome me in his/her apartment during my short stay? Or anyone who's kind-hearted to sponsor a dinner, coffee over the bay, or Universal Studio Passes / Sentosa tickets? You'll be making me delighted and extremely blessed on my 27th birthday! ^_^


This is a shorter list as compared with last year. This time, I'll be more open to interesting invites and spontaneous trips. Kindly reach me at chyngreyes@gmail.com

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○

I have to disagree with my ex-officemate. I maybe always craving for some things or I may loook very busy doing a lot of things, but trust me, I want to have my own family as much as everyone does. Nakikipag-date naman ako, depende sakin at pag may time. Talking about priorities. ^_^

55 responses:

Chyng said...

you know what to do if you want to join me in my trips. ^_^

_rhovic_ said...

We want to join you on your Siquijor trip. Sana Sept/Oct 2011. :)

docgelo said...

di kasama penang? hahaha...
rob will visit me here on march; sama kayo ni dyan! hasik tayo lagim dito, hehehe...
anyway, gusto ko din umattend sa pahiyas, may 15 yun di ba? di ko lang alam kung pwede sa work schedule ko... singapore is also on my list, pero what happened to me on 2010 were mostly unplanned and spontaneous. so when it comes to travel, siguro biglaan na lang din this year for me. *parang may budget!* hahaha

Robbie said...

Batad! It's a very unique experience. Spartan talaga. Best time to visit during the summer para lush yung terraces.

Back in college, I organized an outreach for my school org. Instead of having games, we taught the kids basic math, english, and art and dance classes. It was for the entire afternoon, and then afterwards may presentation yung art and dance classes. Sa morning we had free medical check-ups for the kids. I think this would be a nice thing to do din. =)

Sana free ako during your next outreach, volunteer ulit ako. :D

Nicole said...

Goodluck chyng! :)

Mapanuri said...

Sana may Pacific Ocean Cruise para mas malapit.. haha..

Onti nga this year compared to last year.. pero baka may surprises along the way!.. :)

bang said...

wow! interesting ang mga goals mo this year. We also want to go to Siquijor. :)

Kura said...

yung friend kong nag take ng scuba diving last year, may orientation sa monday. FREE NAUI SCUBA DIVER COURSE ORIENTATION sa Rada Regency malapit lang sa office namin. 7pm.. gusto mo punta? sabi nya mga 15k yung for beginners. Pero hulugan naman kaya keri lang. Text moko.

Anonymous said...

Chyngggggggg...join ako sa El nido trip mo..inform mo ako ha.. I really wanted to go there....never been there yet..so please please let me know ha.. i wanna experience a trip with you before ka lumipat sa ibang work..hahahahha.....

love yeah!

salve!

eMPi said...

Good luck, Chyng! :)

ASC said...

sana wag mo gawin yung scuba diving sa shangri la mactan. super mahal. take it from me, dun ako nag scuba dive, buti nalang my best friend was very generous and paid for the scuba diving. hehehe

bakit walang goal ang love life?

gillboard said...

ang saya ng mga trips. sana magkabudget ako para makasama sa isa sa mga trips mo. :)

Pinoy Boy Journals said...

i wish you the best this 2011! May all your dreams, and wishes come true! Keep inspiring people to stay put less and travel more!

rob said...

.. nice. dalawa ang out of country trips! bahala na saan ako makasama sa mga local destinations mo pag natapat sa days off ko.

khantotantra said...

andami mong goals for 2011 lalo na ang pagpunta sa other places. nice.

:D

Diba nung nag-asian country hop ka naka-singapore ka na.

Mukang may part2. :D

RIZALENIO said...

Napabunghalit ako ng tawa sa conversation. Hahaha.

Re festival, I think they will hold anothe HOT AIR BALLOON festival in Clark. If makakapunta ako, I'll let you know. May Ibon festival din during that event. Also, Angono Rizal celebrates Higantes every November. Malapit lang sa atin dito sa QC. Thats colorful din.

If you'll be visiting SG really soon. Dont forget to drop by LITTLE INDIA. Also, ang pinakamataas na palitan ng dollars ay sa MUSTAFA supermarket na nasa Little India. Nandon din ang cheapest bilihan ng perfumes and a lot more. Magdala ka na lang ng vicks (text ko na lang sa iyo kung saan pangontra).

Wish your more travels. :)

mabel said...

oi chyngay, hindi wishlist yung saken, hahaha...goal talaga yun as in.

sayang di ako makakasama, pede ba gawa ka na ng goals mo ng 2012???

yun palang mga pinahahanap mo sa june ko buy para super mega over sale :)


mag ingat, unahin ang insurance ha. sa dami ng gala mo need nmo talaga yun :)

krizzy =) said...

argh.similar conversation itooooo ate with my bf.he fondly asks me at what age will i settle down.and my answer will always be:30 years old =)
i still want to do many things and sabi ko sa kanya na ndi ako magpapasakal este kasal if ndi ko pa nalilibot ang buong earth =D
mejo disagree siya sa part na un pero alam niang wala siyang magagawa eh :))
sabi ko if he really loves me,maaantay nia ako.and sabi nia,yes daw.well time can only prove it *wink*

lakwatserong tatay said...

hi,

dito nlang sa office namn....ni ai...para at least mameet na kita...hehehe...
saka pwede po ba sumama sa trips mo.

Hoobert the Awesome said...

Wow Ate Dora, I mean Ate Chyng, punong-puno na pala sked mo this year. I'm looking forward din sa Bali & SG trip mo (lol, parang kasama ako). So, puro Asia pa lang travels mo ngayon? And tama ba nabasa ko, Caribbean Cruise? I LAB IT!!! Kelan?

Isa lang to-do list ko ngayong year eh: TO TOP THE BOARD EXAM. Huuuugh! Hahaha.

Goodluck Ate Chyng sa lahat ng plan mo ngayong year. Sana lahat magawa mo. Last year, almost lahat eh except sa high-end laptop. Pero okies lang, may Blade ka naman.

iluvgreen said...

I want to experience balinese cuLture too, influence by eat pray love hehe

Ry said...

i wanna join in panagbenga and others. prob is my budget. wish i could join u lalo pa ngaun soul searching mode ako (may ganun?)

Diamond R said...

wow wow wow. ang tindi naman talagang na laid out na ang mga plano for 2011. Magawa nga din ito

Diamond R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nina said...

Teka, bakit walang note yung Balicasag? Di open for joiners? :(

Photo Cache said...

Now that is a plan for this year. Sana matupad lahat.

kg said...

hi chyng! my father is from ilocos, and i agree that you should also explore northern luzon. there are so many historic and cultural lessons you will pick up from there! :)

mukhang full-packed na naman ang taon mo chyng! linggo linggo ka ata umaalis! he he!

princess_dyanie said...

EGGGZIIITEEEED mode SUPER ON :))

anton said...

mas maigsi nga to kesa last year but it's not short of BIG THINGS on the list., me point si officemate pero wala rin naman akong nakikitang mali kasi bata ka pa naman so go lang and mag dora the explorer ka na naman this year.more great things to do---at pernesss----pareho tayo ng nais dyan sa scuba na yan. parang naisip ko lang sya pero I am not sure kung kaya ko so walapa talaga sya sa wishlist ko. duwag kasi ako,. nahawaan moko ng katarayan mo---sana mahawaan mo rin ako ng katapangan next.hahaha

Ed said...

this is just a short list? dami nang goals! it's really great to write these goals down so we have something to focus on and achieve. this really works chyng so good for you! i haven't finished mine pa. hehe

Pinoy Adventurista said...

gusto ko rin pumunta ng Siquijor. Mag organize ka ng trip... hehehe!!! It would be best if Dumaguete and Siquijor trip... thanks! =D

mjmenor said...

Hi Chyng, im interested to join in your adventures. Can you please email me your facebook account so i can add you? (mjmenor@gmail.com) Thanks

flipnomad said...

wishing you all the best sa 2011... :-) may all your plans and wishes come true... goodluck po :-)

jeanny said...

Hello. Bloghopped from Dyanie. Goodluck on your goals and have a fab 2011. :)

mishi said...

Im interested with the Siquijor trip chyng. Not in favor c gil sa sea travel, so there's no way we could visit the place together. Lemme know ha? Happy 2011 bigtime! ^^

Mark said...

I can't help you with an apartment in Singapore , lol , but if you ever make it to Cairns you have a place to stay !

C A R L A said...

hi chyng
ill be going to the hot air balloon alone. i want to join on this :))

abeng said...

hi chyng parang konti lng ata ung goal mo ah.hehehe ako din bday ko singapore... =)

Anonymous said...

wow chyng! gusto ko sumama sa trips mo pero mukhang kelangan ng matinding budget :)

☮Pinay Travel Junkie☮ said...

Good luck on your goals! I haven't set any for myself in ages. Maybe I should again :) My spontaneity goes overboard sometimes.

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

good luck for this year 2011.....

Micamyx said...

Kakaladkarin kita somewhere soon humanda ka :P

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

what goals you've got! just do what you have to do while you're still single Chyng. your priorities might change once nagkapamilya ka na.

Unknown said...

Date me! Date me! Yoohoo! ^_^

Here's to more successes for you this year!

If and when I get to Davao this year, maybe I'd let you know.

Lakad Pilipinas said...

pwede pala maki-join? =P

ganda ng goals mo this year ah! nililista ko na rin mga destinations ko ngayung taon, so far 5 destinations pa lang. one more cebpac sale and sakto na ang taon ko. =P

Isingit ko na lang ang mga impromptu na lakad in between haha

C A R L A said...

sayang naka bili na ako ng ticket for feb 12. ill join next time :) pahiyas? :) looking forward once you will post about bali and siquijor. more travels to come for 2011

outonvacation said...

hi chyng..since I resolved to meet someone in the blogosphere this year 2011..sige coffee by the bay overlooking the Marina Bay Sands

TOJ said...

when are you going to Singapore? I'll be there this March, planning to look for work, pag nakahanap ako treat ko na kape mo! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful goals, Ms. Chyng. Pwede bang sumama sa Travel for a Cause mo? :) mrnldln@gmail.com

-marinelle

Sendo said...

sama ako sa batad at bali haha....pede ba? ahw hehe...at saka ung sa siquijor....sabihan mo ko ha?? hehe ..baka makasama ako hehe.lapit lang un sa dumaguete 45 mins lang ..at talagang kelangan mong dumaan ng dumaguete niyan hehe...God bless sa lahat ng mga plano mo chyng...at..kahit late reaction na..happy new year!

fetus said...

been to balicasag this month and the fish sanctuary is abundant with fishes. well of course, it's a sanctuary. :) go for the drop on snorkeling attire only! hahaha

fetus said...

alona kew in panglao island has boats and diving masters. this is usually the jump off point of most divers there. i didn't see any dive resorts in balicasag, or i just didn't go around the place. was busy snorkeling hehehe.
it's also where you can find boats that ferry you to balicasag island.

if you prefer cheaper boats, there are passenger boats that leave off from two docks in Panglao: one behind the Panglao church, and i forgot the name of the other place. it's quite tricky to catch those, as it's always a "special trip".

chrrrmaine said...

do visit Sinulog!! let's go next year!!

janice celino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ms. chyng, pareho po tayo kakukuha ko lang din insurance...kasi isa akong taong gala, pero mas gala ka po...minsan po invite kita mag wakeboard(beginner lang po ako ha) ..since you're planning to try scuba, then might as well try mo rin ang mag wakeboarding...hehehe! (kung gusto mo lang po)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...