Bawal ang Tamad. Lalong Bawal ang Tanga!

Better stop reading kung mababa lang ang standards mo.


It's just less than two weeks now and we have to cast our votes again. By this time we should have made our decisions, I just hope they are right and wise, or else another 6 years of same old same old things for us.

I never wanted Noynoy to be our president. Duh, need I say more? I supposed my readers are wise enough not to be carried away by his being Aquino and ABS-CBN's kinda biased broadcastings. Ü
Senators are the ones who make bills, and how many bills did he author & pass into law: None. Sana yung LABAN na lagi nyang sinisigaw, ginawa nya na or kahit sinimulan nya man lang sana.. 12 years kasi sya sa public service, 12 years of nothingness.. Sayang.

I used to like Villar, kakahiya aminin yan. His rags to richess story is inspiring. But then after all the lies, specially about his brother who apparently died in FEU hospital and not what he labeled "naranasan nyo na bang mamatayan ng kapatid dahil wala kayong pampagamot? wala kayong magawa?" that was a very foul joke against a dead person, specially kapatid mo pa. Kinikilabutan ako. Ang sinungaling ay kapatid ng magnanakaw, hindi ba? Not to mention the many lawsuits filled against him.

Gibo is fine with me but why did he personally chose EDU MANZANO as his VP? Now Im starting to think, is he really serious? hihi
I think he is good and smart. But I think there's someone better. Who wants to settle for less, right?

Upon watching many debates, interviews held by GMA7 and ABS-CBN, it's now clear who is the best man for the position, who deserves my vote.
It's GORDON.

Educate yourself. Bawal ang tamad, lalong bawal ang tanga!
Check out the Side-by-Side Comparison of the 2010 Presidential Candidates

Gordon deserves my vote indeed.

Wow Philippines. Sin City to Model City. Red Cross. Automated Elections.

10 Principles for Success in 2010 from Gordon
written by Lynda C. Corpuz as published in MONEYSENSE MAGAZINE


Asked how ordinary Filipinos can improve their lot in life, Sen. Dick Gordon, who has enjoyed a fruitful and accomplished life, shares his key principles for career and financial success:

1. Be ambitious. Umaasa tayo lagi sa tulong. Kahit anong hirap mo, you have to be ambitious. Being ambitious is not negative.

2. Have the right work ethic. Bawal ang tamad. Lalong bawal ang tanga. Manage by objective. Instead of a quick fix or instant gratification, practice delayed gratification. We should go for meritocracy. Hindi palakasan. Palakasan pa rin dito.

3. Learn a skill. Poverty is an absence of choice. That’s why you have to continue learning. You have to learn a skill. I never tell people “good luck.” I always tell them “good skill.” Be creative. Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa. God gave you skills. God will not help you if you don’t help yourself.

4. Work, save, invest, and prosper. You have to work. Address your needs but always save. Get into a business. Get life insurance or a personal accident insurance kung `yun lang ang kaya mo. We need a provident fund especially for our OFWs. We have 11 million Filipinos abroad. You put them and our people here in a provident fund, we can prosper ourselves. Combine GSIS and SSS funds and come up with a provident fund, just like what Singapore did. People have to learn to save something.

5. Help. Find extra time to help. Volunteer with the Red Cross. Kapag alam mong ginawa mo, bibiyaan ka. Helping others is a reward in itself.

6. Lead by example. The Philippines would improve if it elects a leader who can inspire, able to communicate by word and deed, provides a vision, extracts values, and displays integrity. Demand from your leaders. Ask for their qualifications. Look for their record.

7. Be independent. I had to fight big guys but I couldn’t tell my dad. He encouraged me to learn judo to protect myself. You have to learn to survive. You have to learn to stand your ground. Those guys who tried to bully me, I stood up to them.

8. Learn from your mistakes. I learn from my mistakes. I learn from other people’s mistakes. There’s only one thing I can never learn: to be overly materialistic. I don’t pay the media to cover me. I don’t pay for my press releases. If my being straightforward is a mistake, that’s a mistake I’ll keep on repeating.

9. Be assertive. We’re like makahiyas. We shouldn’t be. We shouldn’t be an adapting culture. We’re resilient but we don’t assert ourselves. We’re a happy people. That’s good psychology. We laugh at ourselves. We’re an accommodating culture. We shouldn’t be. We should live by the national anthem, by our oath.

10. Make fear your friend. During the Mt. Pinatubo eruption, I told myself we’re not going to allow ourselves to die here. I prayed, “If you’re going to take me, take me. Please though, don’t make me look bad as I lead.” You must make fear your friend.


And opcors, Bayani Fernando is my VP not just because he is the running mate of Gordon! Tama ng salita, gusto ko yung gumagawa!

The Change We Can Expect and the Change Already Proven (yan mahalaga)


I pity those people who say "I like Gordon (or any presidentiable) kaso sayang lang boto ko kasi di sya mananalo.." They actually sound stupid. For me mas sayang yung boto ko pag binoto ko yung #1 at #2 dahil lang sa survey o dahil sa lesser evil crap.
There are 50 million voters sa Pinas, not even 100,000 or 1 million persons (0.02%) are being surveyed. Just so you know, Bro. Eddie Villanueva leads in exit polls conducted for absentee voting held in Hong Kong last April 11.

Yes, voting is a right, but it's also a responsibility to study each candidate first before making a decision. Turo ng simbahan natin yan. Bawal ang tamad. Lalong mas bawal ang tanga! Ü

43 responses:

Chyng said...

Ang bansang madaming mahirap at madaming nagugutom ay siya ding bansa na madami ang walang pakialam..

Check! Ü

ShatterShards said...

Very well-said! Gordon for President!

...kaso lang, I wasn't able to register...

Kura said...

Clap clap clap for you my friend! Actually wala pa kong naiisip na president pero I would definitely vote for BF as vice. Kailangan ko pa ng mga convincing articles. But you have a good point there. thanks!

Apol :) said...

I'm a GORDON (& Bayani) voter, too. ;)

bulakbolero.sg said...

I like Gibo-Bayani tandem. :P

Cedric said...

It's always been a choice for me between Gibo and Gordon. They're the only candidates who I think make sense and could really something for this country.

I ultimately chose Gordon because of his experience. That said, I also wouldn't mind if Gibo wins.

As for the VP, I choose Bayani, especially because I'm a Marikeno. :)

And yeah, bawal ang tamad. Hehe.

Ann said...

ako din hnd nka-register.. my dad goes for Gordon... here in our office Gordon din...

chingoy, the great chef wannabe said...

ako, i respect Gordon and BF... but my belief is that our country needs someone who will INSPIRE Filipinos... :)

kikilabotz said...

bata pa lang ako gusto ko na talga pressident si gordon. sabi ko sa sarili ko kapag pwede n ko bumoto iboboto ko yan si gordon..

pero contrary gusto kong vice ay si edu manzano. :D. walang kaaway among other candidates tapos mgnda din ang performance xa sa mga ltfrb ata un

kg said...

haaaaa! la pa ako presidente! but one thing is sure, hindi si noynoy ang iboboto ko...

Ibyang said...

i'm for Gordon too. and i also agree that people should stop saying na "sayang" ang boto nila (just because of popularity ratings). every vote counts :)

2ngaw said...

Subok na yan si Gordon, alam ko yan dahil taga Olongapo ako...Isa ako sa nakinabang sa mga proyekto nya :)

Anonymous said...

. . . naalala ko tuloy yung isang article sa phil. dailyinquirer about dun sa isang inang taga bicol. tuwang tuwa siya dahil after almost 20 years (i guess) ay nayakap niya muli si gordon. how sweet is that.

(ang nabanggit na babae ay biktima ng isang lumubog na barko sa zambales. mula sa ospital ay pinatira siya ni gordon sa kanila at itinuring na isang kapamilya bago siya bumalik sa kanyang tunay na ama.)

. . .win or lose, gordon will always have my respect for everything he had done to the Filipino people, as pres. of the red cross and as a senator as well.

gillboard said...

Gordon ako for sure... vice president ko di pa sure...

GingGoy said...

same tayo ng choice...good one :P

Jepoy said...

Chyng very well written muntik na akong ma convince but I will still go for Eddie Villanueva :-D

Roninkotwo said...

Hindi ako sang ayon sa mga nagsasabi na hindi nila iboboto ang gusto nilang presidente dahil kulelet sa survey. Pero hindi rin ako sang ayon sa mga nagsasabi na hindi nila iboboto ang kandidato dahil no. 1 sa survey...

Tiwala sa Gobyerno ang tingin kong susi sa pagbabago.

Kay Noynoy ako Chyng..=)

Ren said...

Filipinos should at this time make no mistake in choosing the leader that will stir our nation

Anonymous said...

Debasyo

Anonymous said...

Debasyo

Gordon din ako... may napatunayan na at may patutunayan pa...

princess_dyanie said...

te, di na ko mag co-comment dito ha. ayoko masira ang friendship! haha!

Unknown said...

i like! =)

pusangkalye said...

I would rather have a corrupt president who can deliver progress to this country than to have someone who says he is clean but is too impotent to change the culture of corruption, worse, too weak and inexperienced to change the sorry economic condition of the Philippines. 9 years as a legislator and I can't remember a...ny major bill?Noynoy is simply IMPOTENT. If he wins, be ready for 6 years of NOTHINGNESS....

x'tian said...

to inspire filipinos...
that's what we really need..

Anonymous said...

i've heard gordon spoke to the academe where i work when he was invited to conduct a forum some years ago and i must say, he's really intelligent, man of actions and so much more.

i so agree with his tag line!

if you're voting for gordon, would you vote for bayani too? *just asking, chyng!* -you don't need to reply.

Axel said...

Korek!! GO GORDON!!

Same HS kami ng pinanggalingan kaya, suportahan ko talaga yan.. hehe

Happy Trails said...

eleksyon na!!! yippie =) i had the opportunity to work for gordon when i had my internship. i admire his efforts to promote tourism. hmm but my vote belongs to Gibo =)

Teknisyan said...

nice one... and yes "bawal ang tamad at lalong bawal ang tanga". From what the media outfit keeps on saying... I think this year's election will make or break us as a country. From villar's commercial, our neighboring countries from being a "developing country" are not considered "developed" where in in Marcos or even the time of Marcos, we where no. 2 as the richest country in Asia... "what happened?" I DON'T KNOW... but one thing is certain.. if vote the WRONG, INCOMPETENT, CORRUPT, TRAPO and "other negative words that you can say to a politician." lols... we will forever be considered as a poor country.

So make our votes count and make sure it's counted the right way!!!

http://teknisyan.blogspot.com
http://thingsigotfromthenet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks dito chyng! haha kase di ko pa maisip kung sinu talaga ang iboboto ko. perstym voter pa naman ako.hihi

Madz said...

Namimili pa bet. GIBO and GORDON..:P BAYANI for vice..

Unknown said...

ang sabi nga ng lola ko "Each meal only happens once in your life, so make each one the most important."

kaya wag nating sayangin ang boto natin ngayong eleksyon.. go Gordon Bayani.. hehe

Unknown said...

whaaaa sah akin poh maam either Gibo and Gordon lang din... kasi G din lastname koh... hehehe :)

sows said...

kaisa mo ko kay Gordon. tingin ko kc xa at si Gibo ang pinaka kwalipikado sa posisyon. sna maging mas matalino ang mga botante ngayon, Lord.


Amen.

dykestar said...

Salamat at napadpad ako sa blog mo Chyng. Hindi ako rehistrado kaya hindi ako makakaboto. Nung tinanong ako kung sino iboboto ko, "Gibo, the lesser of two evils." (Noy&Manny)Crap! Ako na crap! lol :D Wala ako alam sa magandang nagawa ni Gordon. Now, I know :)

Chyng said...

@dyekstar,
napatawa moko inferness! Ü

Sendo said...

nyaha...may point may point...pero bat gibo pa rin ako

eto para karagdagang impormasyon..ganda yan hehe

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_KE7QMu1oqNNzQ3ZmVjMmYtYWFlYi00ODRkLWIyMzktMDBmOTE4ODIwZWU0&hl=en

sana eh maayos ang eleksyon...i mean..at least kahit konting kaayusan hehe ...

Anonymous said...

pareho tayo.

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

Sayang, di na ako pwedeng bumoto. Di pa kasi ako nag-apply ng dual citizenship.

FLIP'N TRAVELS said...

amen! go go go gordon!
;-)

MartinTC said...

I agree...Gordon is the best among the presidentiables. Kaso, andaming nabubulagan kay Noynoy, ewan ko ba kung bakit. Ayoko siyang manalo kaya iboboto ko yung makakatalo sa kanya.

Leigh said...

I'm for Gordon, too...! :)

mishi said...

I'm trying to be more careful this time. Nkakahiya, pero I've been one of those fools who voted for GMA (I'm working then as Intern sa Malacanang). I hope to be more responsible this time, no ads or ratings could influence me. Nice chyng you already have ur bet. I'm still searching though... :)

richard said...

Unfortunately, tamad ang binoto ng Pilipinas. Not only that, tanga pa. Which then begs the question, sino ang mas tanga, ang bumoto o ang binoto? And Erap in second? Seriously?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...