Glamorous Camping in Sumilon, Cebu

For the 2nd time since 2010, I booked flights to Dumaguete hoping I could visit the mystical province of Siquijor. The 1st try didn't pursue because of the uncooperative weather. This year, I chanced upon Matet's blog about glamping in Sumilon. In a snap, I dropped my Siquijor plan and chose Sumilon instead.


why I chose Sumilon over Siquijor

To be honest, this powdery sandbar was not the main reason at all. This just came as a sweet bonus!

From Dumaguete, our group took the fast craft to Liloan, Cebu. It only took 35mins. From the port, we negotiated with a tricycle driver to bring us to Sumilon Bluewater Resort. In less than 15mins, we arrived at the resort's port.


the resort's jump off point to the secluded island

After 15mins in the motorized boat, we finally had a first glimpse of Sumilon island. I never thought there's a powdery sandbar in this area.


the powdery sandbar welcomed us


Sumilon must be very blessed to have this gorgeous beach

There's only 1 resort in the island of Sumilon and that's the Bluewater Resort. Good thing is, everyone can go in the sandbar area and swim - for free! Plus points for this resort because "no one owns the ocean".

everyone is welcome because no one owns the ocean!

The water was very tempting but our group needed to proceed to the pavilion to accommodate our check in. The staff welcomed us with warm and huge smiles. At that early, we've already foreseen our stay to be awesome.

Alright, I dropped my Siquijor planned just to experience this so called GLAMPING! Glamping comes from the words "glamorous" and "camping". This is perfect to those who have always wanted to try camping but don't want to experience the inconvenience. How brilliant! ^_^

the glamping site

A tent can accommodate 2 persons. Since we're a group of 3, the resort generously granted us 2 tents. Lovely!

now this is glamping!

I cannot erase the smile on my face as I saw the tents. They were perfectly equipped with the basic (and luxurious) needs of a wannabe camper. I've never seen anything like this.

my glamorous tent: with king sized bed with mattress and pillows, 
electric fan, lampshade, cabinet, and table top cooler bar

i suddenly became a fan of camping! ^_^

For the record, I never enjoyed camping - only because it's such a hassle to bring and set up tents. Afterall, I can basically sleep under the clear skies (did it twice in Calaguas) without using a tent at all. Of course I have experience sleeping inside a tent (did this in Apo Reef and Nagsasa). Well, let's just say Im blessed to always have a sound sleep.

Moving on, and so I thought this tent was already glamorous - look at this table top cooler bar with complimentary chips and drinks! I've been wanting to have this cooler bar for our apartment. Hehe

cooler bar with chips, iced cold soft drinks, beer, and gatorade
everything is for free!

iced cold beer!!!

Kalabisan na kung meron pang portable toilet sa loob ng tent. Hehe But hey, the common bathroom is just a few walks away from the glamping site.

Anyway, our tents were fronting the ocean. The breeze was refreshing and calming. 

the beach across our clamping site

After our fun pictorial inside our glamorous tents, it's time for our lunch in the pavilion. The Glamping Package we availed includes full board meals. Sulit!

spring rolls and creamy cauliflower soup

large grilled prawns with buttered veggies

Honestly, this meal was more than what we expected. The dishes were perfectly plated and they tasted great too.

After the sumptuous lunch, we decided to stroll around the resort. Across the pavilion is the resort's infinity pool.

the infinity pool

Norwegian kids enjoying the infinity pool

For those who wanted to stay in the conventional hotel rooms, then the other side of the resort are perfect for them.

conventional hotel rooms are located on this area

the closer to nature, the better!

The view on this side is much better compared to the glamping site. But for the whole resort, I felt that the management really tried to keep the natural settings of the island.

Since the weather became gloomy, I just decided to enjoy my bed inside the glamorous tent. 

pringles + iced cold beer + wifi

Kalabisan na talaga. Camping pero may wifi. ^_^

Here's another kalabisan: we had our own butler / camping assistant. He looked and checked out on us all the time. He brought us anything we requested for. Before the night fell,he asked us what we wanted for dinner. Grabe, ang sushal na camping!

meet our butler / camping assistant

..and then dinner was served.

infinity pool by night

shrimp skewers and creamy spinach soup

grilled tender and stuffed squid

creme brûlée

The meals alone already made our stay very suit!

To complete our camping experience, our butler built a bonfire for us. Amazing.

what's a camping without a bonfire?

chikahan over some soft drinks and beer

You bet how well I slept that night. I had a sound sleep.

my eyes can't hide that I overslept ^_^

For the last free meal, I chose the most expensive item among the breakfast course. Hehe

my Japanese breakfast: salmon in teriyaki sauce meal

Right after we had our breakfast, we immediately went back to the sandbar and enjoyed our remaining time in this beautiful island.

one last look before we leave

5 stars to this Glamping experience!


We haven't left the resort yet but I'm already planning to go back here with my crazy friends. They would surely enjoy this one of a kind experience too. We really had a great time. This glamping thing exceeds my expectations. It is actually outstanding!



Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort
Sumilon, Cebu, Philippines
http://www.bluewatersumilon.com.ph/
Package Rate: P10,000 for 2 persons, with full board meals

62 responses:

Chyng said...

glamping rate package which includes full board meals for 2 persons is P10,000

sa pagkain palang, sulit na sulit na! =)

Earl (Suroy Pilipinas) said...

Wow! My first time to read about this kind of outdoor activity. Would love to try this with my wife one day. Nice photos Chyng!

Jeng said...

astig Chyng!!! parang gusto ko nang i-skip ang bacolod at iloilo sa dumaguete-bacolod-iloilo route ko ah haha!

Photo Cache said...

Chyng of all the posts you have made this is my favorite of all.

This is exactly what I think of when camping. This is the roughing up and being with nature that I conjure up in my brain.

Sana meron din dito yan.

Thank you.

michymichymoo said...

I just booked a flight to Dumaguete, was planning to go to Siquijor to but I might change my mind!!!

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

shnappy said...

i'd go camping every night if that was my tent :)

Riz said...

wow bet q yang camping! :) ang linaw ng tubig! :)

The Nomadic Pinoy said...

haha! I had a feeling na ito ang tipo mong camping. Can't imagine you doing the same thing I did in Tanzania.

Glamping din ba ang price?

Wella said...

Immediately added this place to my must-see places this year. Very unique service and sobrang interesting.: 0

Ian | GoingRoamingWandering said...

Glamping? Its my first time to heard about it. Mala-altang camping pala! Chyng, You looked so glam on travel! At ganda ng island! Lalo na yung infinity pool photo mo. Gusto ko ng-tumalon at maligo dun nung makita ko yun - ganda!

Nicole said...

Ang ganda ng infinity pool sa gabi. inggit na naman.

Unknown said...

Ang ganda ng sumilon! bet na bet ko yung glamping! kaso parang medyo price siya chyng:(

--theetravelingbabe.com

Noelle Chantal said...

Wow! The place is so beautiful Can't wait to try this too! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Your back from blogging.. :) Another stunning place, & nice shots too. Continue to explore our country with different places. :)

Wandering Beyond Borders said...

Whoa! Super nice and cozy ;)) May nadagdag nanaman sa bucketlist ko ;)

Anonymous said...

awesome! :D

Gracie said...

Camping adventure with a twist!

ZaiZai said...

Glamping! What a lovely and bright idea - especially for those not so keen on giving camping a try :)

Such a nice adventure Chyng :)

pusangkalye said...

Sosyal ka talaga Chyng!I will seriously consider this one :)

bertN said...

I think my wife will go for this kind of camping LOL.

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Ang bongga! May plan ako mag-Siquijor ulit this coming March, pero baka eto na lang puntahan ko haha :D I went there last 2010 and wala pang Glamping package nun. Will consider this one and invite some friends to come with me na rin :D saya mag-snorkel morkel din dyan hihi

PAGCOR said...

Catch the best of the Philippine island using your camera—it’s people, customs and traditions, nature, structures and historical landmarks.

Join the 1st PAGCOR National Photography Competition for a chance to be one of the 12 grand winners of 75,000.00 pesos each.

Visit www.pagcor.ph/photocontest2013 for more details.

Unknown said...

WOW!!! as in super wow...I want to try this "glamping"....and super nice beach :)

edelweiza said...

Ang glam nga at panalo ang view! Super sulit for P10k, huh! Gusto ko rin nyan! :)

jeanny said...

We went to sumilon last year for a day trip. Its 2k including the lunch buffet na super sulit din. The beach is so so lovely.

I saw this glamping, sayang we did not try since flight back na namin to Manila. Sarap balikan ng sumilon for this :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chyng,

Yung P10k ba per night 'yun? Did you book through their website? Thanks

CHill

Anonymous said...

Hi Chyng,

Yung P10k per night yun? Did you book through their website ba?

Thanks
Chill

Chyng said...

yes, 10k per night.
email their reservation officer thru sumilon@bluewater.com.ph

C.A. | Adventurous Feet said...

ung 10k for 2 sya? pwede ah complete meals naman diba! panghoneymoon ang peg! compare sa mga typical rooms, ok to para maiba naman!

Gina DC said...

Super like ang glamping! Must try this. Thanks Chyng! ^_^

KULAPITOT said...

wow na amaze lang ako kasi ibang marketing stategy and it trully standout .. fresh lang peg mo!

joei ♥ said...

Went to Sumilon before but we stayed in the cottages. I heard of the glamping thing while we were there but it's my first time to read about someone's experience. Sounds fun! :)

Ash said...

Ang gandaaaaaa! T___T I want to go there too! But kelangan mauna muna ung pagpunta ko sa Boracay with my family. Mukhang enjoy dyan and relaxing.. pero parang di ka naka bikini ah? di ka ba naligo sa beach? wala lang naman, pansin ko lang.

Natuwa naman ako sa Glamping, akala ko kung saan nanggaling yung Glam, yung pala lang yun. But thanks to you, meron nanaman akong maililista sa must-visit list ko.

facebook fans said...

Wow! The place is so beautiful

JeffZ said...

We might go for the 1500 day tour package.. jampacked kasi ung ginawa kong IT. andami kasi mapupuntahan na kalapit ng Dumaguete.. hehe thanks for this post Chyng!.. BTW, I got ur contact for accomm in Oslob.. haha Thanks berimats!

Gabz | Pinoy Travel Freak said...

Wow, this makes me miss Sumilon. I saw that glamping site when I went there last year. Would love to try it but it's too expensive kaya day tour lang. :)

Great pics Chyng! :)

Maita Atienza, Makeup Artist said...

Wow, beautiful pictures and I love the glamping concept. And what a beautiful private resort.

Following you on bloglovin'
http://www.maitaatienza.com

Unknown said...

Camping ba talaga toh? haha! Cge na nga Glamping nga eh...:p Naku basta Outstanding sayo for sure dadayuhin... panalo toh!

Anonymous said...

glamping, never knew such kind of adventure existed. sushal! hehe. inviting ang pics. di pa kaya ng budget ko,hehe

Cza said...

Ganda!!!! Gusto ko nang mamasyal ulit kaso wala pang budget. haha!

http://littlemisswanderlust.blogspot.com

Phioxee said...

sumilon is indeed beautiful ;-) pero enchanting din ang beauty ng siquijor. mas malaki nga lang.

Michi said...

wow! ang ganda dito. hindi ko mahilig sa tent pero kung ito naman ok na ok sa kin. dami ko pala namissed na post mo. hindi lumalabas sa reading list ko.

kim buenafe said...

ang taray chyng! eto pala yun. camping minus the hassle. I'll give this a try! ipon muna. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice! I'd be a fan of camping too if I stayed in a tent like that :)

Tina Ryan said...

Sumilon Island is very beautiful, Those pictures are stunning, and the Glamping thing I really love it..


http://www.migrationexpert.co.uk

shane said...

il book dumaguete pag may seat sale. :) thank you for suggesting. sobrang useful ng blog mo. :)

Micole l Philippine Traveler said...

Oh My Gaaaaahhhhd! Ang Ganda! (drool) Beach person pa naman ako and this Glamping is absolutely perfect! Ang romantic naman! sarap ng buhay pag full package. Ok naman kaya ang dagat pang swimming? pero di na bale, ang infinity pool palang! Swak! Thanks! your Blog is sooo useful nga talaga!

Valerie said...

As always, very informative and entertaining post. :) Would love to experience glamping once of these days!

Teng said...

Ang cute naman nito glam kung glam <3 :) the price seems to be reasonable too :)

Kamusta Magazine said...

Great article! Loved the photos especially. Maybe you'd like to read about our writer's experience in Sumilon! Glad that people are going there already!

Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.kamustamagazine.ph/itinerary-a-private-getaway-in-sumilon-island-cebu/

Hope to hear from you!

Yours,

Jules
Kamusta? Magazine

angel caronongan said...

pwde pang-honeymoon Chyng! ayos

Casey Blake said...

Hello po!

Pwede po bang magdala ng sariling tent na ma set up sa Sumilon po? may charge po? kung meron magkano po?para may other option sa mga walang budget mag glamping:) Thanks po.. ito po yung email add ko sheapps1984@yahoo.com

God bless po Ms.Chyng!!!

Shem said...

Wow, this looks really great! Just what I need to make up my mind for Sumilon. I really love to try glamping; but I wonder if it's going to be suited for me and my boys (4 and 5 year olds, and their father of course :) ) We don't have any fuss on anything. Having experienced it, you think this is a child-friendly choice?

Chyng said...

hi shem!

I think yes, comfortable naman sa loob ng tent. the only downside maybe is the toilet - which is about 30 seconds away from the tent..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi there, love the feature on Sumilon! Just want to clarify that from Dumaguete City, you get off from Liloan, Santander, Cebu going to Sumilon Island. :) In your blog you only mentioned Liloan, which might be a bit confusing since there's another town up north also called Liloan. Hope this helps. P.S. I didn't know about the glamping, will try it soon with my guy. Sound like a fun thing.

Katie~ said...

You mentioned that the toilet is 30 seconds away..At night when you feel that you need to go..is it well lighted ung path to toilet? is it a portable toilet or a rest room talaga? thanks!

Richard C. Lambert said...

This year, I chanced upon Matet's blog about glamping in Sumilon. In a snap, I dropped my Siquijor plan and chose Sumilon instead.family tent

Anonymous said...

Nobody can reject the info you have given in the blogs, this is actually a great work.
OutdoorFederation

Tonkin-Travel Vietnam said...

Oh, Cebu is amazing. I just know Kawasan Falls and Oslob, but now one more magnificent spot is included in my itinerary. Thanks so much for the great post!

George said...

This is tough. I’m not pointing fingers at you though, personally I think that its those that aren’t motivated to change. pop up tents

harshal said...

would love to be there for vacations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...