My List of Best Beaches in the Philippines

updated last 11/05/2016

How's your summer? I hope you already had some good tan lines to showcase.
In case you still don't have that sun-kissed skin: pack your things, drag your friends with you, choose among the best beaches in the Philippines - and go!


jobs fill our pockets, adventures fill our souls.


Again, to each his own. What's outstanding for me could be ordinary to you, and vice versa. I've only listed the top 10 for I think these beaches really have the most stunning view, finest sand, clearest water, and smoothest sea bed. Sorry but the beaches of Camiguin, Caramoan, Palaui, Guimaras, Zamboanga, and Zambales aren't included in my list. 

Anyway so based on my own experience, the amusement level, the wow factor, the quality of the sand, and everything else - here's the list of my best beaches in the Philippines (as of Nov 05, 2016).




11. El Nido, Palawan


This beach area fronts most of the resorts and restaurants in El Nido. The water is nice and is definitely above any other beaches in the country. Wow factor is high specially when I consider the stunning limestone formations as its background. There are 2 other beaches in El Nido that is worth visiting: namely Marimegmeg and Nacpan.


10. Blue Lagoon, Ilocos Norte


I cant agree more why this is called Blue Lagoon or Maira-ira of the locals in Pagudpud. The water is really crystal clear and blueish. I love how simple this beach is. The sand may not be very fine, but it is white. Wow factor is still high.  Since it's located on the upper left most island in the country, this beach doesn't get very crowded, well except on Holy Week.


9. Sumilon, Cebu



To be honest, I only went to Sumilon just to experience this so called glamorous camping. I can't describe how amazed I was when we approached the island of Sumilon. I was breathless. The sandbar is unbelievably beautiful. It was another "I'm a proud Pinay" moment.


8. Malcapuya, Coron, Palawan


If I would choose just 1 beach for the entire province of Palawan, then this would be Malcapuya in Coron. The sand is so pristine. The water is so clear and clean. And as a big bonus, the underwater kingdom is awesome as well. I have to admit, Coron is an annual thing for me. My go-to-place every holy week.

Updated 11/05/2016 - not the best beach
in Palawan anymore


7. Malamawi Beach, Basilan



This beach is I think the most unspoiled among the beaches I've been to. Only the locals and the adventurous ones can ever reach this place and see the serene beach of Malamawi. Every risk has a reward, and Malamawi Beach just didn't disappoint as it boasts its white and fine sand + clear water. I almost forgot that I was in the terror town of Basilan. ^_^

6. Apo Reef, Occidental Mindoro


For me, a great beach must have a white sand, fine seabed, clear water, and a rich underwater kingdom. Apo Reef seems to be very blessed to have all of these. The 40-min airplane ride to San Jose Mindoro, then a 2-hour bus ride to Sablayan, and another 2-hour boat ride to Apo Reef could be exhausting - but I assure you it's all worth your ride. This could have been in a higher spot if not for some garbage around the island and a lot of sea mosquitoes at night time.


5. Dako Island, Siargao, Surigao Del Norte


All this time I thought Siargao's beaches are only made for surfers. I was wrong! Im very delighted to see this paradise island after a 45-min boat ride away from the mainland and the surfers' haven Cloud Nine. I love the purity of sand, the water, and the simplicity of the place. I so love the beach that Im willing to bathe under the striking sunrays for the entire day. Actually, Dako Island could have ranked 3rd in my top beaches list only if I wasn't biased. Haha!


4. Panglao, Bohol


Forgive me Im biased. Bohol will always be a personal favorite. As of 2012, I've already visited Bohol thrice, and every single visit just made me love Bohol more. Who wouldn't be attracted to see a place with a wonder of nature, historic site, river cruise, rare animal, organic food, great beach, and superb underwater world! Bohol is simply a complete family getaway.


3. Boracay, Aklan

My P5,000 Boracay Trip
including airfare and 3 water activities

Surprise, Boracay ranks 2nd in my list! As much as I wanted the hard-to-reach places and back-to-basic setups, I also wanted a beach that's very accessible and convenient. Given the white sand and the very picturesque beach - Boracay is constantly offering new activities to try, from reef walking, parasailing, cliff diving, zorb, and a lot more. I've been to Boracay thrice and it never failed to show me why it's still the Philippine's premiere tourist attraction. The best part why I love Boracay- the pride that it brings me whenever I see tourists from all around the world cross the oceans just to reach this little gem (of course, more visitors = more jobs).


2. Calaguas, Camarines Norte


Each island has its own beauty but there's really one beach that stands out among the others. 3 years ago, I had the privilege to see Calaguas for the first time. It was an untouched beauty. Wow factor is extremely high. The sand is creamy, the water is so clear and swim-able (meaning i dont have to go far just to be in a 7-feet deep area), and the whole place is peaceful. The water is so irresistible that i didn't mind having sunburns! It's a priceless moment to have this beach all by ourselves- the sand served as our ground sheet and the stars as our light. I can still remember the way I felt when it's time to go home. It's just hard to leave (and Im not even a fan of exaggerations and drama lines).

Calaguas used to top my list until I reached Balabac, Palawan.


1. Balabac, Palawan

If you think you've seen the best of Palawan, think again. El Nido, Coron, and San Vicente are the more popular options, but if you hassle your way to the southwest-most edge of the Philippines, you will be rewarded with the endless swimming pool-like beaches of Balabac.

When I used to have my list of best beaches in Pinas, I would carefully deliberate to come up with the best beach before I decide. But after I saw the beaches in Balabac (specially Onuk), I was in complete shock. I had high expectations before I reached the place and to my surprise, Onuk was even more stunning upclose. There's no contest. This is indeed the best beach in Philippines.





And just so you know, there are other beaches in Balabac which have their own charms too. Punta Sebaring and Candaraman made us breathless as well.


Care to share your best beaches in the Philippines?
Im looking forward to try some Mediterranean Cruises someday but since Im still jobless then an El Nido trip would be a cheap alternative! Im positive this beach would make it to my list.

96 responses:

Chyng said...

thank you Donnie for giving me a metathione soap. very much needed, ang jitim jitim ko pa din! haha effective ba to?

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Wah yung Panglao at Boracay pa lang napupuntahan ko 0_0 let's travel together na teh next month utang na loob! :P

Unknown said...

nice post :-D sana mapuntahan ko yung basilan and surigao

Pack up and Drift said...

I knew Calaguas would make it to the list. I so love that place. Haaayy. Pwede akong mag stay ng 1 week diyan. pagbalek ko ulikba na'ko. wahahaha!

Donnie Ray said...

te, kailangan ko na talaga mag-Calaguas.

anyway, dahan dahan lang sa sabon baka maging tisay ka agad. at di mo nako pansinin ^_^

Chyng said...

^ donnie, sige hinay hinay ang gamit ko. di ko kakainin. =))

asan na winners ng contest mo?

AC | I Wander said...

Maybe I haven't been to enough beaches but Malcapuya Island in Coron is one of my favorites!

symbalim said...

Ano pong beach yung NASA first picture? SOBRANG Ganda. Yung may water split :) by the way, because of your blog, I finally convinced my dad to go to siargao. Hehehe. I love your blog! :)

YedyLicious said...

Hi Chyng, love your list, esp. kasama kasi yung Calaguas Island hehe :) I wish I have all the time in the world to travel as much as you do! hay!

xiaree said...

wow basilan! its nice to forget about the terrorist sometimes.

abeng said...

chyng sa list of best beaches mo 2 palang napupuntahan ko,nakakapanglaway,keber maging olikba =)

punta ko calaguas this weekend,good weather sana ^_^ apir!

John Marx Velasco said...

I agree with your choices #2 ko din ang Boracay, then # 1 ofcourse Calaguas!

Chyng, sama mo na ako sa travel mo. San ka sa 2013? :D

Unknown said...

i made a list myself but i didnt blog it. most sa mga places na gusto kong puntahan eh base sa mga entries mo. thanks for sharing chyng. hope to meet you someday! :D

Chyng said...

hi Whacky Adventures, im flattered. thank you! hope to meet you too! =)

khantotantra said...

ang puputi...... ng buhangin sa 6 beaches na pinakita mo!!! Panalo!

Ansarap maging human espasol at magpagulong sa buhanginan. lols :D

Photo Cache said...

pang magazine tong post mo. i agree with your choices even though i've not seen a single one of them.

talagang maganda and pinas. i would have to plan for a trip to hit the beaches and other worthy spots in the next 5 years.

Know Anns said...

Hi! I'm dying to see Calaguas. Kindly send me details on how to go there. Thank you. ☺

david.edward said...

nice post! :)

iamjessiegarcia said...

supah like like! sana mapuntahan ko rin ang mga yan... hmmm... time to save a lot na talaga ^^

Michi said...

boracay and panglao pa lang napupuntahan ko sa list mo. like you, kala ko for surfers lang din siargao.

kg said...

chyng, your pics are AWESOME!

but yo know what's more awesome? how beautiful our beaches are! ang ganda talaga ng mga beach ng Pilipinas! the best! :)

nathalie said...

Basalin at Calaguas di ko napuntahan sa list mo.. I'm sure you'll love El Nido.. di lang sa mga beaches nya, the place itself is simply Paradise! (for me) :)

Ruby Batallones said...

Hmm kelangan ko na mag Calaguas! :)

sweetczarina said...

wow..! super love ang mga white sand beaches..nakapunta na din ako sa Panglao Bohol, Boracay and Calaguas.

blissfulguro said...

super bet ko yung sa siargao... weeeh!

Ichan said...

Ganda ng mga shots nu! pang magazine! Sana makapunta ako kahit isa man lng sa mga yan kasi ang magandang white beach p lng na napuntahan ko is Batangas....

killerfillers said...

I'm glad that at least napuntahan ko na ung 3 (calaguas,apo reef,boracay) sa list mo. Looking forward para makapag-Siargao or Panglao man lang.

Irene said...

Yung Panglao ang una kong gustong puntahan sa lists mo. =)

Unknown said...

Nakaka-relate ako sayo with what you said re: calaguas. Overwhelming ang feeling. Nakaka-starstruck. Akala mo sa pictures lang may ganun, pero hindi pala.

ardee sean said...

nayss... maganda silang lahat.. walang itulak kabigin.. :P

Oman said...

I couldn't agree more with your choices. Been to 4 out of 6 of these beaches and really enjoyed my stay in each.

KULAPITOT said...

surprise yung boracay nasa list mo Chyng .. gusto ko din malamn yung top list yung kung saan ka talga nagbabad ng matagal sa isang beach dhil sa sobrang gnda

Unknown said...

Ayiiiee! Inintay ko talaga tong list mo na to Chyng!

Pinoy Adventurista said...

Panglao at Boracay lang napuntahan ko sa list mo... It's really hard to choose...

Based on "total awe factor", if I were to share my 6 most favorite beaches as of May 2012, it would be:

1. Siquijor's Beaches
2. Canigao Island (Leyte)
3. Marabut (Samar)
4. White Island (Camiguin)
5. Pandan Island (Occidental Mindoro)
6. Boracay (Aklan)

I'm visiting Mati and Glan this year, I'm also quite sure this list will change... hehehe!

Elal Lasola said...

Love your list! Mga to go places ko pa yung iba! \m/

Bonzenti |Con Tour Blog said...

I haven't been to all of these beaches, Chyng. When I saw these photos with a complete angle, I only a single word to say. HOWWOOOWWW! Ito palang yong sa Basilan. Malamawi. Ganda din. :-).

by the way Chyng. pa-share nito ha.:-).

Nicole Santiago said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Panglao, Boracay, saka Calaguas pa lang napuntahan ko sa list mo. ☺ Great choices btw!

Nicole said...

Yehey! Calaguas pa rin! :) Nakakamiss gumala at nakakamiss ang magagandang beach! Ikaw na talaga teh ang reyna ng mga beaches! :)

Kura said...

effective endorser. yun pala ang beauty secret ni donnie girl. hihihi! magamit nga.

Eto yung magaganda para sakin:
5. Malcapuya Island (Coron)
4. Kalanggaman Island (Leyte)
3. Panglao Island (Bohol)
2. Secret Beach (El nido)
1. Calitang Beach (El nido)

Disclaimer din (chos!): pag under water world na ang usapan, unbeatable pa rin si Coron for me. That's my personal favorite. I will visit Boracay and Calaguas this year. We'll see..

michymichymoo said...

Hmm, will try to do a list after my trips this year. :)

http://www.dekaphobe.com/

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

sarap mag beach sa mga pinangalanan mo....kung may pagkakataon man ay boracay ang unahin kong puntahan...

John Anderson said...

Hi,


Recently I came across some great articles on your site. The other day, I was discussing (http://www.chyngreyes.com/2012/05/my-list-of-best-beaches-in-philippines.html ) with my colleagues and they suggested I submit an article of my own. Your site is just perfect for what I have written! Would it be ok to submit the article? It is free of charge, of course!

Let me know what you think
Contact me at john26anderson@gmail.com

Regards,
John Anderson

Sumi Go said...

Ate Chyng! Nakakainis ka! Feel ko tuloy ang fail ko 'cause I haven't been to any of these beaches.. :( Sana within the year makapunta, kahit isa man lang dyan sa list mo.. ^^

Unknown said...

Ang gagawnda!!! Sana mapuntahan ko din sila someday. *inggit mode, haha!

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

nakakahiya panglao lang napuntahan ko sa listahan mo hehe

Allen said...

Moses ang drama sa unang pick! Haha!

Axel said...

Hmmm, atleast 3 of your lists, I've been to already. Boracay, Bohol Panglao and Apo Reef.. I must say, Apo Reef is also one of my favorite, so peaceful (wala din kasi ibang tao..lol)..

I'll some of the other on your list.

Btw, tagal ko nawala sa blogger world.. Wala ka nanamang work??

Unknown said...

Great list! And I have never been to any of those LOL! Will check these beaches one at a time! :)

Gracie said...

Sarap magtampisaw sa malabughaw na karagatan at malaporselanang kutis ng dalaga sa puti at kinang ng buhangin dito.. paraiso, kelan kita masisilayang muli?

Rizza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iamRem said...

wondering why 'White Beach, Camiguin' didn't make it to your list.. You definitely should RE-experience Camiguin! baka mas ma-appreciate mo na.. hehe! :P

This LIST may change a week from now... or maybe not. ;)

Rizza said...

Nice list you have Ate Chyng! You already! Inggit na naman ako :( I've never been to any of those awesome beaches. Loser me! haha. Anyway, love your split shot with the sea. <3
http://rhizzalicayan.blogspot.com/

Jeo said...

very nice post as usual. As much as i want to go to Calaguas...hayy ang layo kasi. Pero gusto ko yung Basilan mode mo ha. :))

McRICH said...

calaguasss!!

Tria said...

Hi Chyng,

I love this list kasi most of these beaches ay 'yung tipong off the beaten path talaga! :) I want to visit them too because of your pictures. Kelan ka po ulit mag-oorganize ng group tours? Sasama po ako :)

Jepoy said...

Sakin din malamang nasa top 3 ang boracay kasi isa sya sa first few beautiful beaches na napuntahan ko. Nakakainlove ang sand. Pero ang konti palang ng napupuntahan kong beaches. I promise to visit your list and let's see.

Na blog mo baket wala kang work?! Mag SINGAPORE KA NA! Bilis!

MarLiesTravels said...

wow!pang magazine ang photos! It's really more fun in the Philippines! kaso 1 out of 6 pa lang kami hehe!

anney said...

Boracay and Bohol pa lang ang narating ko list mo pero napuntahan ko na din ang El nido. I would love to visit Calaguas!

Piggybear Travels said...

OMG ate, I so love the Panglao! Parang almost lahat na ng post mo nabasa ko na! You inspire me to write pa.

D'QXTC said...

ang gaganda! tanging Calaguas pa lang ang narating ko.

Hoobert the Awesome said...

Oh my Ate Chyng! Calaguas, it is! Kating-kati na mga college friends ko na makapunta diyan. Niyayaya nga ako pero sorry sila. May kasama na ako. Hahaha. Sina Marx and Kura-ching.

Unknown said...

bat nde nasali ni isa mga beaches ng Samal/Talikud Island sa Davao? :-)

Yung mga nsa list namin

1. Boracay
2. Calaguas
3. Panglao
4. Siargao
5. Talikud (Davao)

lakwatserong tatay said...

wow...ang lupit ng list mo..

pero promise pagnapuntahan mo na El Nido...mas marami pa maupit dun...

btw....kelan kaba pwede sa ating floring's date...^_^

titus said...

Wow.. nice list... andami talagang magagandang beaches dito sa pinas!

Ijustdontloveyounomore!juanderfulpinoy.combwahaha said...

You have the great list of best beaches in the country. Calaguas is still my personal favorite. And Happy birthday pala ...

Cisco said...

I really like your blog.. nice photos..

Galatea said...

What lovely beaches! I've only been to Bohol and Boracay but I hope to visit all the rest some time. :)

lakbay philippines said...

i love dako siargao beach too! and panglao! :)
hopefully this july, makapunta ako sa calaguas. :D

Anonymous said...

Marami pang magagndang beaches sa basilan..Before pinipuntahan pa, ngayon explore them at your own risk.

aubrey said...

try bantayan island in cebu chyng :)

Unknown said...

ang Ganda talaga ng Pilipinas, keep on blogging

Anonymous said...

PHILIPPINES HAS MANY WONDERS AND YOU KEEP ON AMAZING ME OF THE PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ....

Anonymous said...

PHILIPPINES HAS MANY WONDERS AND YOU KEEP ON AMAZING ME OF THE PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ....

Anonymous said...

your blog is great!
Here's my list
:)

http://jaslil.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/my-top-5-favorite-beaches/#more-2017

Joni said...

wow chyng! I'm glad na nasa top ang Panglao! Hahaha, I really thought Panglao's white sand is unbeatable, hindi pala talaga ako nagkamali. I'm glad to have been in Panglao! =)

aldrin said...

this was very helpful,pupunta kameng coron hehe, sana ganun lang din mgastos namin or kung dumagdag man onti lang. thanks Miss Ching.. :)

Anonymous said...

Shame on me, I've only been to Sumilon. Hopefully, this year I can add two or three beaches that's on your list.

Ryan Mach said...

El Nido, Blue Lagoon at Boracay lang ang napuntahan ko. :-)

Calaguas is on my bucket list.

Pordoy Palaboy said...

nice list of Philippine beaches Chyng! 5/10 pa lang napuntahan ko..

fbalgos said...

hmmm! almost half lang napuntahan ko sa listahan mo. sabagay, medisclaimer nga.
Calaguas tops my list too, how I wish I discovered it before travel factor or northlink offered tours in there.. but still, I love Mahabang Buhangin, Calaguas Island.

Kriska said...

Calaguas is at the top of my list, too! :)

jhayne said...

kapag nababasa ko lahat ng places na npuntahan mo at mga adventures mo, gusto kong umiyak kc naiinggit ako :(

pero i am so grateful to you for sharing all these adventures u had. makes me feel that this country is still a beautiful place to live in despite everything.. :)

Chyng said...

hi jhayne, pls dont feel bad. it's not too late to travel right? ako nga late bloomer na din ako. hehe

go, travel while you can! =)

Unknown said...

Great list! Apo Reef looks promising! :)

Anonymous said...

just passing by and I cant really leave without saying thanks. Now, I shall be checking out beaches which I havent yet heard.

Unknown said...

nice post,i'll share on my blog and profile,success...

JhaypeeG. said...

Wow...You have a great list of best beaches in the Philippines. Thank you for sharing your own opinions and experiences in making your list. Well, you gave me an idea what to visit next summer. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice post! just a correction, the island is not all to your self coz thare is a small baranggay in it. also, i would suggest you check out the beaches of siquijor and rock formations of biri, samar as well. cheers!

Unknown said...

Philippines is bless with numbers of beaches!! Indeed Calaguas is the best!!! 3/10 pa lang po napuntahan ko Sumilon, Calaguas and Boracay!!

Dee | tropical vacation spots blog said...

I like Boracay, but was a little disappointed with how crowded it is. How about the beaches in Mati in Mindanao? They're absolutely beautiful and they're not crowded at all!

abeng said...

7/10 :)

Beach Addict said...

I'm a beach addict and find Boracay still the most exciting beach to stay but if you want serenity, privacy and the feel of virgin nature and paradise, try to go to Muladbucad White Beach in Hologan, Manito, Albay just an hour away from Legazpi City. You will find the famous boiling lake there and no need to bring water for the zero bacteria mineral water is just steps away from your room.

Vince said...

Breathtaking photos! have to put some of them down in my to-visit list. Thank you for this post Chyng

Jas said...

Glad to see Sumilon on your list. It's my favorite place on earth :)

SarahpWatsonf said...

In their endless grab for extra charges, airlines are getting increasingly strict about the size of carry on bags. A mere centimetre over the limit could mean we charged a king ransom to stow it.This became a problem during a Cheap Air Force Ones recent trip to Europe where I (ambitiously) flew on seven flights across seven different airlines.It's no longer Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale just enough to get your bag to fit in the overhead compartment it still has to comply with the airline's rules. Picture: iStockSource:SuppliedI thought out Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men every detail of the flights but never thought twice about the trusty duffel bag I always used as hand luggage.Size limits varied widely across those seven airlines, and generally, they seemed to be New Yeezy Shoes shrinking. Michael Kors Outlet Online

Some moisturizers are specially formulated for oily and acne prone skin, containing pimple fighting ingredients such as salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide Coach Outlet Sale or retinol. While these products Coach Handbags Clearance may seem like the obvious choice for combination skin, they may cause redness, flaking and peeling on your cheeks, jawline and other dry spots. [source: Hall Geisler].

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...