PAL's EconoLight Fares

Due to my frustrations of not going to a place somewhere North, plus the fact that I missed availing Cebu Pacific's 500-All-In promo, I used my Multiply account to look for some cheap tour packages. Yes, my Multiply account's contacts are mostly for business purposes. Anyway, there's this blog from a travel and tour agency that promotes Zest Air 499-All-In Promo. Zest is the new name of Asian Spirit- the airline known for plane crash. But still I got excited of course. I send the agency a personal message right away.

I made a deal with my boyfriend that if we could avail that 499-All-In, we may cancel our out of town trip which is supposedly this weekend.

Too bad, it seems the blog entry was just a teaser. There are really no promos, worse, there was no sure available flights! Oh well, maybe because it is under a new management and they still have to make new arrangements.


next time make sure first before you announce

Desperately I tried looking for some available seats at Cebupacificair.com. Yes, they still have some, but the time was like 2pm or 4pm. Not good. The return to Manila flights has no more promo fares. Lugi na.

Plus I don't want to make pila again sa Cebu Pacific office for 2 to 3 hours because our promo flight has been cancelled for no reason, and there's NO HUMAN to answer in their Customer Rep Hotline!

Cebu Pacific's promo page

Not so lucky day. But I really want to book a flight. Now na!

I opened philippineairlines.com and checked their fares. Of course pricey than ever. Ooppssie wait, aside from Economy Fiesta Fares, there's the new addition, the EconoLight Fare. I checked it, well a bit cheap. 50% cheaper than the next class which is the Fiesta Fare. Available for Domestic and International flights.

I compared the prices to the other airlines, so far the cheapest for those dates, so GOLA na!

click the drop down box and select EconoLight fares

Jeric told me that I should experience booking, so I did. Anyway, he got me an extension of his credit card early this year. Fine, it's my turn after he has arranged everything when we went out of the country last September.

After having lunch last Sunday, 30-Nov, I started booking na. After 3 hours and 6 unsuccessful attempts, I decided to call PAL's customer service hotline. Patience is a virtue, but at least some human entertained my call after like uhm 10-15 minutes on hold.

I said there must have been some problem on their booking system because everytime I'm nearing the completion, the window of IE will close. The CSR said that their system was really congested, two weeks na pala ganito. Oh OK, so I asked if she can help me in anyway. She explained that EconoLight can only be availed if you booked online, by yourself. Not thru phone, not in PAL's ticketing office, and neither thru a travel agent. Seriously?! This EconoLight is catchy! How can you book if their system isn't working properly?!

After that, the CSR checked the entries that I made. I was shocked because all have been created, and she cannot guarantee which of them will be approved or not. F*ck, I was worried! Econolight Promo tickets are non-refundable, and non-rebookable pa naman! Pano na kung ma-double charge?! The CSR couldnt offer any help. That's the policy daw. I just prayed na sana only 1 or none was successful at all.

Great news, there was none. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag. Scared for the double or triple charge. As I was talking to Andy, the 2nd CSR, she offered me "Since you have 6 entries and none are completed, do you want me to finish the application for you?" I asked, will I still avail the Econolight fare? (because if not, Fiesta Fare will be charged, and that's expensive na so wag nalang). But Andy said yes, I can avail it. Finally, a great deal.

So here are some tips:

Check the fares and flights you desire. Make sure there are at least three options in case 1 of them became unavailable. Then book online. Surely it won't be completed. So call the hotline, 855-8888. Upon waiting for some human to answer you, check your mails, read blogs, etc. When a CSR finally answered, make some drama that you failed to complete the booking online for EconoLight, and kindly ask if she can complete the booking for you! I assure you, it will work! You can book in no time, still avail the EconoLight fare w/out being double charged for the non-rebookable, non-refundable promo!

For more questions, limang piso isang tanong... >(^o^)<

36 responses:

jimbo said...

pwede ba bayad in riyals? wala po ako ngayong peso. hehe san po kayo punta ni jeric? pasalubong ha?

Chyng said...

Ambilis mo!

Message kita sa Multiply ha. Secret muna, di pa kame nagpapaaalm eh.

KRIS JASPER said...

uy, naka P5.00 ka na.

eto, para P10.00 na:

saan napupunta ang poopoo mo pag nagpoopoo ka sa airplane?

seriously, I hope (and surely) you 2 will have a great trip.

darkhorse said...

Ayus bakasyon! sama kami!...lol, wag mo kalimutan mag kodakan at pasalubong!...tc

Joaqui said...

Another trip... nice. Enjoy!

Post pictures after the trip! :)

Chyng said...

@kj,
harotness! korek, ikakayaman ko ang 10 piso!

@DH,
bilis ha.

@joaqui,
tagal pa to.

Unknown said...

Chyng my Love...you know what? I hate PAL! Their website is not user friendly! They have not even updated their baggage policy! It's misleading...the travel agent told me that the max is 50 lbs now, but PAL website still says 70 lbs!

And I tried using it for my trip to Dumaguete....and it's giving me an error...for 10 times I have attempted to book one! Their CUSTOMER SERVICE is AWFUL!!! I never got the help I badly needed. I was told I HAVE TO BOOK IT ON OWN. I told her that HOW CAN I IF YOUR WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY, dumb ass! It just ANNOYED the hell outta me and I almost became MEAN and RUDE to her because she wouldn't understand my frustration and she cant even THINK of a solution! All the bad revies I read about PAL finally came to my senses...THEY ARE ALL TRUE! At least in your case, they were able to help you!

CebuPacific website is actually neat and easy. I have not booked a trip though, but it was easy to navigate around.

And YES, AsianSpirit website SUCKS big time!

Anyways...HAVE FUN on your trip! :)

~kinesics

P.S. Thanks for making a Facebook account...now you know who kinesics is! :)

Chyng said...

Oohh, another bad review. Sayang, PAL is the Philippines primary airline pa naman. They should have efficient first class user friendly website too.

Cebu Pacific, well cge their website looks ok, pero goodluck naman once they cancel you - thru email. Yes, they wont even bother to call. And you have to resked it sa office nila- where there are 500 people sa queue!

Sakit sa bangs.

Sa Seair, infairness, on time na, lagi pang walang tao! ahaha
Let's fly Seair again!

Randy Santiago said...

Di ako nakarelate. Di pa ako nakakasakay sa kabayo este eroplano.

Ingat Chyng!

Pukaykay said...

Hello Chyng, thats part of the excitement, yung stress sa pagbobook! Nung magcecebu kami, nagbook ako for 6pax dun sa zero fare. Then i told my family, naibook ko na! excited na kaming lahat. Tapos wala akong nareceive na notiffication. I called the credit card, WALA RAW NATRANSACT. Shet, paano ko babawiin sa family ko na hindi pala nakapagbook. I cant break their hearts! No choice but to book on regular promo. I paid huge!

Tapos on the day of the flight, nacancel dahil nagkasakit si Patrice. Ang sakit!

BTW, my family doesnt know it wasnt a promo rate (only my husband and now you, and your readers know). I hope my family wont land your blog.
Heheheh.

Enjoy your trip and future trips!

Chyng said...

Hi Jamie!

I also read a blog. He booked for Cebu Pac, he paid, got his itinerary and all. On the day of the flight, his reservations are not confirmed daw. Haller, pano cia magkakaroon ng itinerary via email if not paid di ba?

Grabe yun pala nangyare sa Cebu niyo. Tapos na-cancel lang. Ansakit nga. Haaay.

Tama ka, stressful magbook!
Kahit nung HK-Macau trip namen, Jeric keeps calling and calling kasi paiba-iba yung time na natitira w/c are still available for the promo.

Pero of course, inform us pag may nabalitaan kang promo ha. Lagi kang una eh. winks*

gillboard said...

waaaaah!!! di ako pwede lumabas ngayon dahil pabibo pa sa work.... next year, i swear!!!

onatdonuts said...

mukhang nakakatuwa rin ang stress at process sa pagbo-book. hehe dito kasi sa amin, sasabihan ka lang UY, ONAT YUNG ISTORYA NATIN SA DAVAO, TULOY NA LIPAD KANA MAMAYANG HAPON. huwat? hehe

naalala ko lagi sinasabi ng mga kasamahan ko dito about asian spirit...paglipad mo, ASIAN ka...pero paglapag mo, SPIRIT kana hahahaha ingats chyng!

___________________

Hello chyng! napakahusay ng researcher ko kaya nahanap niya sina Eric, marvin etc.

talaga? some call center companies do require HIV test for their applicants? naku pano pag positive? di na nila tinatanggap? naku bawal ang discrimination sa mga people living with HIV, nakasaad yan sa RA 8504.

Anonymous said...

naku mare baka magkagulo ang buong blogsphere pag niladlad ko dito ang picture ni dong. isa siyang celebrity. Baka maging guest kami sa star talk at the buzz. :)

Mel Alarilla said...

May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You may do so by commenting on my blog or by sending an email to melalarilla@gmail.com stating your name, address, name of blog and the url of the blog. Thank you so much and God bless.

Kris Canimo said...

namiss ko na ang cebu. tsk tsk.
gusto ko gumala....sa malayo!

Anonymous said...

wow! mamamasyal ka? pasama naman kahit sa baggage mo na lang, kasya naman ako eh! lolz

Cebu PAcific, hindi ko alam pero ang init init nung sinakyan ko minsan going to hongkong, grabe.. pero at least safe and sound nman..

ingat ha!
sana may pasalubong ;) hehe

cheers!

Chyng said...

@gilbert,
kakabalik mo lang from Australia dba?

@onats,
work + leisure, sarap ng buhay!
yes, some require the test. di naman to discriminate if ever. purely if he is fit to work.

@prose,
welcome! gusto ko din sa Cebu!

@dylan,
uhm mainit ba? di naman ako choosy sa plane, as long as di magcrash! hehe

PaJAY said...

ngbago na pala ng management ang asian ha.....malamang mga plane ganun p rin.."u fly Asian,u land spirit " parin...wahehehe..Klasik..toinkz.lolz...

gusto kong magtanong kaso la akong pmbayad....antayin ko na lng sagot mo sa next post...hehehe...INGATZ sa trip....

KRIS JASPER said...

LOL. HarOTness... I like the word.

Anonymous said...

ay wow! ahihi! :D go go go! :D uy salamat ha :D meron na akong pdf file nung twilight. binabasa ko na :D hihi! buti kap D:

Chyng said...

@pajay
ASIAN SPIRIT classic joke..

@jules,
good for you!

escape said...

hahaha... hanep sa tips. natatawa ako sa mga pangyayari.

tapos ngayon kumikita ka pa ng P5/query. hahaha... astig mo talaga.

good luck sa byahe!

pusangkalye said...

Chyng---haha. ayun po-na-approve ko na. Tamad kasi ako bukas friendster lately e. keke. Thanks Chyng.

pusangkalye said...

lam mo---lagi kong nireresist ang temptation muna na tumingin sa mga promos na yan. kasi yoko muna mapagastos ng husto kasi medyo tagilid ako sa goal ko na savings. kaya behave muna. next year na uli.keke

pusangkalye said...

wooow---that was close, can't also imagine myself kung na-double or triple charge ako. Anyways, all's well that' end's well ayt? lessons well learned, so----wait lang. saan nga pala sa North Kayo pupunta? don't tell me it Batanes ha-----sama ako Chyng.

remdrake said...

Wo-wo-woW! wo-wo-woW! wo-wo-woW!hehehe! ngats sa byahe..! this time keLangan may pasalubong na talaga ah!!!

"wag tataLon sa maLaLim ah!"
(paalala ni supermama judith sa anak na c chynggay bago pumunta ng swimming) hahaha!

Chyng said...

@dong,
thanks! tagal pa to. magkita nawa tayo dun!

@SP,
kung nagreresist ka man sa paggala, well, di epektib techniques mo! haha

@c3,
NOTED! ssshhh...

Unknown said...

Wait....what do you mean CebuPacific cancels and not notify you???

They can cancel your reservation and not tell you??? Isn't that unlawful? Can you sue them? :)

I'm planning to book one through CebuPacific soon..

Asian Spirit...I heard that they are the ones who has the most crashes....is that right????

HELP!

~kinesics

KINGdom of Saudi Arabia said...

kakatuwa ka naman Chyng! Ganyan na pala ang technique ng mga airlines sa atin? They set promotion pero nasa risk din ang buyer ng ticket. Pano kung mag double ang charges? imbes na makatipid ang passenger ganun din ang kinalabasan.

Enjoy your vacation Chyng!

~~m$. DoNNA~~ said...

Nagpalit na pala ng name ang Asian Spirit
Kakatakot daw kasi sumakay dyan eh
kasi pagdating mo sa patutunguhan mo
spirit ka na lang... hehehehe...

Abou said...

ayoko magtanong wala akong pambayad ha ha

Kenia Soares said...

I have problem with virus...

gillboard said...

New Zealand yung trip ko... stop over lang ang Australia... tsaka work related yung byahe na yun..

dak/james said...

hmmm... so far the only prob i had with cebu pacific is delayed flight.

Joel CJ Senico Aba said...

wow.. that's great.. galing ng multiply...

wewh.. add nyo nalang ako pag may time:

www.royaltytribune.multiply.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...